File:Doom 0.5 comparison.jpg
Comparison of Doom 0.5 alpha version map 7 (captured in DOSBox) and E1M4 of the final released game (played on the Doomsday Engine). Note the improved texturing, somewhat darker and bleaker tone of the original game, and the lack of sky.
Done by User:Wwwwolf.
| This is a screenshot of a game in the Doom series. The design and artwork depicted in the screenshot are under the copyright of id Software, ZeniMax Media, their licensees, and/or their distributors, and are displayed here under "fair use". The creator of the screenshot claims no additional copyright on the composition of the image.
It is believed that the use of such screenshots in the Doom Wiki qualifies as fair use because:
Fair use rationale
id Software, the copyright holder, has not released free-to-use screenshots. Therefore, this image falls under Fair Use clause of copyright.
This is screenshot combines images from two different versions of software, from roughly the same locations.
- Combining is done with the specific intent to discuss the history of the software in question, and to point out similarities and differences.
- Thus, the use of the image in this way aids the discussion in the article itself.
- Use of the picture in purely decorative manner would be meaningless.
- Aside of simple aggregation, labelling and scaling, the screenshots are unmodified and the combiner doesn't claim any other copyright on the work.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||18:25, 11 November 2006||600 × 409 (33 KB)||Wwwwolf||Comparison of Doom 0.5 alpha version map 7 (captured in DOSBox) and E1M4 of the final released game (played on the Doomsday Engine). Note the improved texturing, somewhat darker and bleaker tone of the original game, a|
- You cannot overwrite this file.