- Delete. (This nomination is unnecesary IMHO, as these images clearly violate the policy) --Kyano 23:59, May 8, 2010 (UTC)
- It's clear that they are ripped sprites. IMHO it is far from clear that community consensus supports a policy of no ripped sprites ever. I personally believe that a ripped sprite never has any more expository value than a screen shot, making it a derivative work and therefore illegal. However, even our old-skool founders have not stated this unilaterally. Ryan W 00:31, May 9, 2010 (UTC)
Deletion of 
Since I was told to discuss this matter here. Why is this image up for deletion? The only way to really show off the animation is through the raw sprites of the Pre-Release. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by THE GMoD (talk • contribs) .
- Yeah, I agree. There is really no better way of showing this. The only thing you could do is edit it into a released version of the game. Even then it seems to use a lot more frames than the final death animation, so it couldn't even function as a replacement without using a Dehacked patch and breaking other monsters/things. The gif itself definitely needs to be remade, though. Dragonsbrethren 03:17, May 9, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree. I would redo the .gif but for some reason XWE is refusing to open the 1.5 WAD anymore. On the replacing of the ingame sprites. It definatly would not work without some Dehacked work sadly. But I am working on a full conversion of the release Doom into 1.5 and I will try to include the pre-release death animation in it if I can. The mod, if you are curios, will be released has a PWAD and I am currently (As I type this) converting the final E1M4 into the 1.5 version. A small beta of the PWAD with a few levels and sprites replaced will probably be available around next week.
- (PS: sorry for not signing last time, I was really tired.)
- ---/THE GMoD - Admin - Slipknot Wiki\--- 06:50, May 9, 2010 (UTC)