File talk:Wiki wide.png
I'm nominating this for deletion as it isn't used for anything, so obviously my opinion is delete. -- Janizdreg 12:54, 10 September 2007 (UTC)
*Delete if the following three conditions are true:
- (a) A week goes by with no explanation from User:JoePlay.
- (b) "Wiki_wide.png" is not one of the standard image names like "Wiki.png" (also listed as unused, by the way), in any skin. If the help pages on central don't address this, they should, since skins and alternate logos are always discussed extensively on the listserv after an upgrade.
- (c) Fredrik says that it is not a standard image name in this wiki, in any skin. (Apparently only bureaucrats can edit that stuff. Not true actually, although I still think Fredrik understands it better than anyone here. :>
- Ryan W 21:01, 10 September 2007 (UTC)
- Keep because "Wiki_wide.png" is a standard image name. (Ryan W 21:24, 10 September 2007 (UTC) ) Skins and alternate logos are a very big deal to some people, as can be seen by reading the listserv after a MediaWiki upgrade. This image doesn't look good in Monobook IMHO because the background is black, but since it isn't used in Monobook, I'm not concerned.
- Yeah, this should definitely be kept after all, additional rationale on why can be found here. -- Janizdreg 19:38, 11 September 2007 (UTC)
I think a different image should be used, one which does not directly use a patch from the IWADs, for copyright reasons -- User:Jdowland (too lazy to login) 18.104.22.168 13:12, 14 September 2007 (UTC)
- As I tried to indicate, that is very much an open question (here and elsewhere in the Doom community). Given the licensing-related disasters at Wikipedia in the last year or two, I don't know why people aren't interested in resolving it. We used to have a custom search icon which used such graphics; where did that disappear to? I also recall a discussion about replacing the "username head and shoulders" icon with a "space Marine" version, although that never happened. Then there's , , this, , and this. Ryan W 14:40, 14 September 2007 (UTC)
- Of the 65 wikis listed at Ryan W 03:50, 19 January 2008 (UTC) , I estimate that 52 use a photoshopped copyrighted image for their main logo (can't always tell because my pop culture knowledge has limits). Therefore, I conclude that the Wikia staff aren't desperately concerned, and will drop the subject for now I guess.