The Foundry is a level in Doom (2016). It is an integrated steel mill and as such is filled with hazardous molten liquid metal. The Praetor suit does not offer sufficient protection from the heat if the player comes in contact with the metal, and so it must be avoided. The third mission, Meltdown, takes place here after VEGA alerts the Doom marine and Dr. Samuel Hayden that the demons have shut down the cooling turbines and could cause a catastrophic explosion to occur.
Mission 03: Meltdown
- Stop the Meltdown
- Destroy the Gore Nests (4)
- Three Possessed, One Barrel
- Kill three of the possessed with one explosive barrel.
- Curb Stomp
- Perform three "Death from Above" glory kills on Possessed soldiers (attack from above).
- Quite the Collector
- Find 2 collectibles.
|Combat support drones||1|
At QuakeCon 2016, producer Marty Stratton displayed a beta version of the level on a much earlier build of what was still considered id Tech 5, and mentioned that this level began as part of the original Doom 4 concept which was abandoned and rebooted. While undergoing massive revisions during the re-development of the game and being greatly expanded into its final, vastly non-linear layout in the process, this makes it one of the largest known surviving relics from the previous concept.
- Bethesda (2 September 2016). "QuakeCon - Bringers of DOOM." YouTube. Retrieved 10 April 2017.