|Codebase||Doom Builder 2|
|Initial release||1.00 (2012-03-30, 11 years ago)|
|Latest release||2.3 r2791 (2017-01-09, 6 years ago)|
GZDoom Builder (or GZDB for short) is a level editor for the Doom engine games specifically aimed at the ZDoom and GZDoom source ports. It was created by MaxED and is a fork of Doom Builder 2 by Pascal vd Heiden (CodeImp), which was discontinued in June 2012. The first version was released on March 30, 2012. Development of GZDoom Builder was discontinued in 2017.
- v1.00 was released on March 30, 2012.
- v1.01 was released on April 16, 2012.
- v1.02 was released on April 18, 2012.
- v1.03 was released on April 24, 2012.
- v1.04 was released on April 25, 2012.
- v1.05 was released on May 11, 2012.
- v1.06 was released on May 20, 2012.
- v1.07 was released on June 1, 2012.
- v1.08 was released on June 19, 2012.
- v1.09 was released on June 26, 2012.
- v1.10 was released on July 3, 2012.
- v1.11 was released on July 10, 2012.
- v1.12 was released on July 24, 2012.
- v1.13 was released on October 3, 2012.
- v1.14 was released on January 14, 2013.
- Version number changed from 1.14 to 2.3 on July 14, 2015.
- v2.3 r2791 was released on January 9, 2017. It is the last version of GZDoom Builder, after which it was discontinued.
- On May 16, 2018, MaxED archived the GZDB repository on GitHub. It is now read-only.
After the development of GZDB was discontinued in January 2017, ZZYZX created a fork of it called GZDoom Builder-Bugfix (or GZDB-Bugfix for short). This fork was maintained for almost three years until in December 2019 it evolved into Ultimate Doom Builder.
- ZDoom forums on
- GZDoom Builder thread on Doom Power forum
- GZDoom Builder repository on GitHub
- on ZDoom forums
- MaxED (25 April 2012). ZDoom forums. Retrieved 16 August 2023. .
- MaxED (11 May 2012). . ZDoom forums. Retrieved 16 August 2023.
- Siberian Tiger (14 January 2013). . ZDoom forums. Retrieved 16 August 2023.
- MaxED (14 July 2015). . ZDoom forums. Retrieved 16 August 2023.
|Source code genealogy|
|Based on||Name||Base for|
|Doom Builder 2||GZDoom Builder||Ultimate Doom Builder|