Geek culture references in Doom RPG
- Entrance contains a computer supposedly running an Operating System called UACNIX.
- In Sector 2, the player encounters a locked door. A scientist gives the hint that the code is related to the structure of the level. An examination of the auto-map reveals that the level has been designed to read 1337, which is the code for the door. This is a leetspeak reference.
- The game contains a number of computer consoles where map data can be downloaded. The player downloads this data using the Unix SCP program.
- In Sector 2 you find a computer with a conversation log about a party involving DDR (Dance Dance Revolution).
- Sector 2 also contains a password 042, which is the Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything.
- Sector 4 contains a malfunctioning computer that displays the message "PC LOAD LETTER", a reference to the movie Office Space.
- In Sector 5, the player must retrieve security codes from an SQL database, learning the syntax of the SQL SELECT command in the process.
- A scientist found in the maze in Sector 5 complains about computer game clichés, such as mazes and jumping puzzles.
- Sector 7 has a computer console reporting an error, the cause of which it attributes to "slashdot.org".
- Kronos, the main villain in Doom RPG, is possibly named after Kronos, the Klingon homeworld in Star Trek.