Hell (Doom 3 level)
|Doom 3 maps|
Hell is the twentieth level of Doom 3. The player has lost all weapons and ammo through the teleporter. The player must trek through Hell in order to defeat the Guardian (second boss) and retrieve the Soul Cube. The flashlight is unavailable on this level, but the player has unlimited stamina.
The Player finds himself in the middle of Hell. There is a teleporter but it is offline at the moment. An evil voice welcomes him and says that the time has come for the forces of Hell to escape their prison and destroy Mankind. The voice gloats that the Player will never escape nor will he find the Soul Cube.
All of the Player's weapons have been lost during the trip through the teleporter. Fortunately, there are supplies left behind from the previous UAC expedition teams. The Player journeys through the labyrinths of Hell, battling the demons in their own territory. Despite the odds, the Player reaches the Soul Cube. Before he can retrieve the Cube, however, he must first defeat the Guardian of Hell.
During the battle, the Soul Cube informs the Player that he must destroy the Guardian's Seekers to render the Guardian vulnerable. The Player does so, and brings the giant monster down. The Player takes possession of the Soul Cube, which promises to aid him against the demons. The Cube then teleports the Player back to the beginning of the level. There he finds that the teleporter is working again and uses it to travel back to Mars.
Before the Player teleports away, the Cube gives him a very important message: "We are the only way to destroy Hell's mightiest warrior."
- Malcolm Betruger (voice only)
- Guardian of Hell (boss)
- Hell Knights
- Lost Souls
- Demon-fied Zombies
- Plasma Gun
- Rocket Launcher
- Soul Cube
- Security Armor
- Armor Shards
- Ammo Belts
- Plasma Cells
- BFG Cell
- All of the weapons that were in the classic Doom games can be found in Hell (with the exception of the Super shotgun).
- Conversely, all weapons that were not in the classic Doom (flashlight, machine gun, grenades) are unavailable in this level (with the exception of the Soul Cube).
- At the beginning of this level, when you are caged and then dropped to the ground, you are instantly surrounded by three Imps and bits of ammo on all sides of you. This is very similar to the start of the first level of Episode 3 "Inferno" in Doom 1, which also has three Imps and ammo on all sides of you. (This is assuming that the difficulty setting is on "Ultra Violence" or "Nightmare".)
- According to the game files, there was originally suppose to be a PDA belonging to Joshua Hebert in this level.
- In the BFG Edition, the description of this level is the text of Revelation 6:17, For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?.