Hell (Resurrection of Evil level)
|Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil maps
|Map name: game/hell
The version of the level in the BFG Edition is notable for removing the "green island" section from the level and substantially reducing the monster count.
The marine finally breaks into Hell, ready to finish this awful invasion for good! He blasts through various areas like an unstoppable tornado, killing everything on sight. Halfway through he has to enter the portal that leads to the green-tinted area that resembles an island amidst the void. There he has to fight a load of mancubi and Hell knights, until the portal back to the main area appears. (Note: this whole island area is removed completely from Doom 3: BFG Edition).
The marine bravely fights through the rest of the areas and finally reaches the portal to the Maledict's arena. The Maledict greets him by saying that he's a fool for coming here, and then the most difficult fight starts! During the first stage of the boss fight, the Maledict spawns Forgotten Ones to attack the marine, throws giant fireballs and flies over the marine to generate a line of fire that damages him. During the second stage, the Maledicts starts throwing large rocks at the marine.
After a long fight the marine successfully does a lot of damage to the Maledict, but the Maledict suddenly makes a charge right at the marine! The marine tries to escape, but the Maledict grabs the marine with his mouth, chews him and spits the marine out. When the marine gains consciousness, the Maledict says that he will now take the Artifact from the marine. The marine, however, shoves the Artifact right down the Maledict's throat, causing Maledict to disintegrate, leaving only the Betruger's skull!
The screen then fades to white, and Elizabeth McNeil is heard saying "Marine, welcome home".
The enemy count is the same on all difficulty levels. Includes only enemies that can be fought and killed.
The item count is the same on all difficulty levels. The Nightmare difficulty removes the med kits.
If the player starts the level via a console command, they will start with these items:
|Double barrel shotgun
* Contains bullets (128), shells (60), clip (128), ammo belt (160), grenades (12), cells (160), rockets (12), BFG cell (6).
- In the first area there is a med kit located on top of a pile of large bricks to the left side of the entrance to the cavern.
- In the hallway with a door and a burning window on each side there is a BFG cell hidden behind a pile of bricks to the right.
- In the small room with two fires on the floor, there is a pack of grenades atop a pile of bricks to the right, which can be obtained with the grabber.
- In the large lava-filled canyon inhabited by cacodemons near the end of the level, there is a suit of armor on a ledge between the upper pathway and the lower pathway. The safest way to retrieve it is from the upper ledge with the grabber.
- This level is divided into three parts on the Xbox version of the game.
- Bernard Fressko's PDA, found in Phobos Labs sector 1, includes an audio log indicating that teleportation expeditions have begun again. This could perhaps explain why there are hazmat suit corpses to be found in this part of Hell.
- Walkthrough video by WoopzillaWalkthrough on YouTube.