Hub 3: Dark Citadel
|Hexen: Beyond Heretic|
|Map name: MAP60
Cheat code: visit20
The final map. There aren't any tactical options here aside from keeping in constant motion while making effective use of everything in your possession; it's a flat and open arena. After a few seconds, three waves of enemies will teleport in before one of the Deathkings appear, breaking through a painted window of their class. The cycle repeats until all three Deathkings are dead. Ammo, health and artifacts will be teleported in at each stage to assist you.
Once the final Deathking is dead, a portal will appear behind where the second one came from. You've completed the game.
- First waves: Slaughtaurs, followed by Zedek, the Fighter.
- Second waves: Dark Bishops, followed by Traductus, the Cleric (level exit is in his alcove).
- Final waves: Reivers, followed by Menelkir, the Mage (exit door opens after his defeat).
The first two times the Deathking is released, the web cools. First it changes from lava into water, then into ice.
Areas / screenshots
This level contains eight spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 60)
- facing north-west. (thing 61)
- facing west. (thing 62)
- facing south-west. (thing 63)
- facing south. (thing 64)
- facing south-east. (thing 65)
- facing east. (thing 66)
- facing north-east. (thing 67)
- The pattern on the floor is shaped exactly the same as the Disc of Repulsion.
- The stained glass windows cannot be smashed by your weapons; they are automatically broken when the Deathking of their class appears.