Hub 4: Over N Under
|Over N Under|
|Map name: MAP34
Cheat code: visit34
|Hexen: Beyond Heretic|
The level is built around a large central pit in which glittering bridge things are placed to create four bridges at different heights connecting opposite sides of the pit and one stairway reaching the lowest bridge. The level is full of fake walls (see-through in one direction, but not in the other) to allow ambushes. The openings on both sides of each bridge are the first seen example of such fake walls: from the pit, they appear as sewer drains.
The bridge thing stairway starts below the opening of the south-east wall and leads to the north wall opening. From there, each opening is connected to its direct opposite by a horizontal bridge.
- North wall: a room with the teleport destination for the south-east room teleporter
- South wall: the passage climbing to the east wall
- West wall: the passage climbing to the south-west wall
- North-east wall: the passage climbing to the north-west wall
- South-east wall: a room with a teleporter leading back to the north room, as well as a switch to go back to Transit.
Along each passage are walls with hanging rings; they are fake walls behind which await useful items as well as enemies lying in ambush.
Areas / screenshots
This level contains eight spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 49)
- facing north-west. (thing 50)
- facing west. (thing 51)
- facing south-west. (thing 52)
- facing south. (thing 53)
- facing south-east. (thing 54)
- facing east. (thing 55)
- facing north-east. (thing 56)