Hugo Martin is Game Director at id Software since 2018, after having been Creative Director from 2014, having freelanced for the company before being hired full-time, with his first major project there being Doom (2016). His industry experience began in 2005 with art design work on Naughty Dog's Jak X: Combat Racing. He has also worked at Blur Studio, Mirada Studios, and Spark Unlimited in the fields of games, commercials, and film. He played a notable role in the creation of the 2013 film Pacific Rim.
As a self-described pop culture nerd, Hugo infused elements from diverse films, comics, and other artistic works into his vision for the 2016 Doom game. He also calls himself a fan of lean, efficient story telling.
- Hugo's first Doom game was Doom 64, of which he describes himself as a fan.
- Hugo drives a minivan, which he calls the "Vancubus" in homage to the mancubus.
- noclip (23 December 2016). "Hugo Martin on the Creativity Behind DOOM - Extended Interview." YouTube. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- MobyGames contributors (15 May 2016). "Hugo Martin." MobyGames. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- "Hugo Martin." IMDb. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
| Doom era
| Doom 3 era
| ZeniMax era