Infraworld - The Hatehammer
|Infraworld - The Hatehammer
|The opening room area with the six yellow skull keys.
|This mod was a runner-up for the 2019 Cacowards on Doomworld!
Infraworld - The Hatehammer is a single-level PWAD for Doom II and a Boom compatible source port that initially came out in July 2019. It was created by StormCatcher.77 and uses the music track "In The Void" by Catamenia. For the 2019 Cacowards it was selected as one of the runners-up, and followed in 2021 by a sequel, Infraworld - Coma Moonlight.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Other points of interest
- At the southeast end of the map, when you grab the super shotgun, the column behind you lowers revealing an arch-vile. Stepping on this column lowers the other one revealing a soul sphere, which is the secret. Note that you can only lower both of these columns once. (sector 2409)
- Now press the switch that was in front of the super shotgun to access the side areas. Head west, then south to a Hell knight and a switch, which will open the way further westward and northward. Keep going along the path up the steps and as far east as you can. To the north is a drop-off point. Dropping here will cause a lift to lower. To get this secret, drop off, then quickly climb the nearby steps to the west and onto the platform with imps, a box of ammo, a box of shotgun shells, and a backpack. (sector 3548)
- At the northeasternmost part of the map, east of where the brown rotating cube is, get on the high ledge near the stimpack, then run north into the wall. You should teleport to a ledge with a soul sphere and medikits. (sector 7038)
- In the courtyard with the super shotgun, rocket launcher, and plasma gun, take the lift at the east side and use the skull switch, which opens the way southwest. Past the gate, head due south and to the left of the lion switch, dropping onto a platform that has a medikit, a box of rockets, and a box of shotgun shells. (sector 8418)
- At the south end of the map (you can access this by using the lion switch in the previous secret and continuing southwest), after the arena with the rising and lowering blood pits, you should be crossing a bridge towards one of the yellow skull keys. To the south of that key, press on the wall to find an energy cell pack and a switch. (sector 456)
- When you attempt to exit the arena with the rising and lowering blood pits to the north, the south walls will open up revealing monsters. If you backtrack to those areas and enter the middle alcove, press on the central column to reveal a rocket launcher. (sector 600)
- The switch in Secret #5 opens a new area in the arena with rising and lowering blood pits. Inside you will find health bonuses, stimpacks, a backpack, a box of shotgun shells, and a portal. The portal leads to a plasma gun and energy cells, and dropping down allows you to reach a megaarmor, health bonuses, shotgun shells, and more energy cells. (sector 5488)
- In the courtyard with the super shotgun, rocket launcher, and plasma gun, take the lift at the east side and use the skull switch, which opens the way northwest. Past the gate, head due west as far as you can, then south to where you can spot a yellow skull key. Get on the nearby metal beam and onto the brick near the key, then onto the rocks leading west, where you can then get a megaarmor and a box of shotgun shells. (sector 674)
- At the west end of the lava cavern at the west end of the map, if you drop into the lava, walk through the north wall to find a plasma gun, energy cell packs, and stimpacks. (sector 6504)
- By following the western trail of health bonuses in the lava cavern at the west end of the map, you should be at the top of a rock with an atrium and an eye inside it. You can jump to the rock to the southeast to reach an area further southward. Before dropping to the lava below though, there is a stimpack near the building entrance. Go towards it and through the wall behind it to find a plasma gun and an energy cell pack. (sector 8553)
- To the east of the building entrance mentioned above is a depression you can jump in to find a green armor and a teleporter back. (sector 6106)
- At the southwest end of the map will be a platform that contains one of the yellow skull keys. Drop into the lava south of this platform and take the lift at the east end up. Head south and then west to the super shotgun, then drop back down. A pentagram switch will be nearby. Press it and two walls will lower near the lift, containing several supplies. (sector 747)
- By following the western trail of health bonuses in the lava cavern at the west end of the map, you should be at the top of a rock with an atrium and an eye inside it. You can jump to the rock to the north, then continue to climb the rocks to the west until you reach a higher rock near a drop-off point to the northeast. Instead of going that direction, head to the south end of the high rock and jump on another one to the south, then hop the rocks to the east until you reach the end of the ledge where you will find two medikits. From there, jump to the brown rock to the south, then to the atrium below where you will find boxes of rockets. (sector 6337)
- In the courtyard with the super shotgun, rocket launcher, and plasma gun, take the lift at the east side and use the skull switch, which opens the way northwest. Past the gate, take the steps down and follow the path of candles until you reach a red pillar. The east side of this pillar is open, revealing a teleporter that will take you to the inside of the building to the west of the courtyard. In this hall, head west, then take the steps to the south. Head out to the window at the south end, and just to the east will be a berserk pack. (sector 1729)
- In the hall mentioned above, you will spot a large crane thing going up and down that has a pillar with a BFG9000 sitting on it (which is Secret #16). You cannot jump to this secret yet, but instead, look to the east of the crane through the window. Jump towards the black cube and if you do it right you will enter a secret room with a switch. (sector 8992)
- The switch in the previous secret will lower the pillar with the BFG9000. (sector 8876)
- At the south end of the map (you can access this by using the lion switch in the previous secret and continuing southwest), after the arena with the rising and lowering blood pits, you should reach a bridge that leads to one of the yellow skull keys (as well as Secret #5). Before the bridge, you can jump down to a ledge with health bonuses on it, then go east and north to a teleporter. Take it, then take the next teleporter straight ahead, then head south and west, opening the door along the way. In this room will be a switch, but if you press on the west wall under the gargoyle face, it will reveal another switch. Press it and the switch in this room, attempt to leave, and the floor will drop. Take the northwest lift to leave this area and you should see a teleporter. This will take you to a ledge with a soul sphere and a megaarmor. (sector 4967)
- Outside of the northern citadel at the far north end of the map, the switches on the outer walls will lower the red walls nearby. At the west side of the citadel, after lowering the walls, enter the room and lower the southwest wall for a baron of Hell and a megasphere. (sector 1988)
- The two sides of the northern citadel opposite of cages with revenants on them have ledges with supplies on them. However, there is no way to reach either of these ledges without resorting to cheat codes. (sector 1230)
- See Secret #19. (sector 1989)
- Once you pick up the red key, exiting the area it was in has you returning to an area southwest of the big courtyard. Jump to the north for this secret, which contains boxes of rockets, shotgun shells, and a medikit. (sector 455)
A soul sphere (thing 1389) is inaccessible without cheat codes. The maximum number of items possible is 99%.
Due to secrets #19 and #20 being inaccessible without cheat codes, the maximum number of secrets possible is 90%.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 6, 2021.