Gameplay still of KGZDoom running pol.wad, highlighting the support for various usable vehicles.
|Standard||Doom, Boom, Heretic, Hexen, Strife|
|Codebase||ZDoom Community Build|
|Initial release||2.0.96x (2005-05-28, 15 years ago)|
|Latest release||2.0.96x (2005-08-18, 15 years ago)|
|Target Platform||Windows, Linux|
|Available in||English (US), French, Italian|
|License||Doom Source License, 3-point BSD, others|
A first release appeared on May 28, 2005, implementing support for a class called A_RailAttack. Implementation of this allows particle flash effects to be made that operate in a random pattern. A later release in August implemented a flag called +DRIVABLE, allowing actors, monsters and other things to be drivable as if they were a vehicle. A demonstration WAD, called pol.wad demonstrates these additions.
The last release was on August 18, 2005.
- Rudimentary vehicle support for actors, monsters and other things through +DRIVABLE flag
- Particle flash light effects
- A duration toggle to determine how long particles should exist before fading out
- A very large open canyon with various height levels. Several vehicles can be found throughout the canyon
- Multiple turrets shooting plasma bursts, which can be entered
- Various Apache helicopters. You can fly these to great heights
- Several mechs that can be piloted
- The Crusader from Strife which can fly and travel at significant speeds and demonstrates the then new DECORATE weapon system through its flamethrower
kgsws attempted in April 2006 to get the +DRIVABLE flag included in GZDoom but was dismissed by Graf Zahl because of the hacky and unstable nature of the implementation. A later bump in May by a user on the ZDoom forums generated a similar response.
|Source code genealogy|
|Based on||Name||Base for|
|ZDoom Community Build||KGZDoom||None|