The Kadingir Sanctum, also referred to as the Blood Keep, is a level in Doom (2016). It is the first area of Hell which is visited in the game after Olivia Pierce uses an Argent accumulator to rip open a permanent portal to the demons' dimension at the Argent Energy Tower. The Doom marine is pulled into the rift shortly after her, and ends up near the place he was imprisoned by the demons and subsequently found by the UAC. The sixth mission, Into the Fire, takes place here. A barren landscape of craggy rocks and deep caverns is punctuated by portals which require skull keys to be opened.
Kadingir Sanctum is an array of tunnels, catacombs, and temples connecting the Umbral Plains to the Great Steppe. It is referred to as a place of both worship and vilification - both the heroes and the enemies of Hell can be found entombed within this region.
Many important artifacts were discovered and returned to Mars via Project Lazarus Manned Expedition 2145/128. All human life was lost in the recovery of these artifacts, and the records were then sealed, with the artifacts being spirited away quickly to the top-secret Lazarus Labs.
Mission 06: Into the Fire
- Get back to Mars
- Find the exit portal marked by the UAC
- Dead Man Stalking
- Earn four Praetor tokens.
- Momentum Swing
- Kill ten demons while using power-ups.
- Sweep the Leg
- Perform four "Leg Sweep" glory kills on the Hell razer (attack right leg).
|Combat support drones||1|
|Picture||Name||Unlocks model||How to find|
Areas / screenshots
Near the third Slayer's Testament rune, a whispering voice can be heard seemingly emanating from a nearby tree. This low, distorted, almost unintelligible voice speaks four different prophecies:
- "Could he be demon kin, spawned from the loin of a grotesque infidel? Yet, the seal of the heretic binds him. His origin is as dark as his coming."
- "The power held within the Crucible will punish man-born and demon kin alike. It will crush the divide. It will corrupt all realms. It will create the monster. It must never be found."
- "Yet even as the Doom Slayer revels in the spoils of his war, another shall rise from the fires: a dark priest consumed by the Crucible. And even the Doom Slayer shall weep in his shadow."
- "The heretic-turned-apostle Olivia, birthed of the dawn of our resurrection, by her hand we cross the divide. And for her tribute, she shall be granted the form of the Dread Widow."
- The location in or near Kadingir where the Doom Slayer was imprisoned is called the Blood Keep. This location shares its name with MAP16: Blood Keep from Doom 64.
- The final arena of this level is additionally designed after the beginning area of MAP17: Watch Your Step, also from Doom 64. Similarities include the Stonehenge-like pillar layout with overlapping crossbars at different vertical levels, and the nature of the battle which takes place there as well - enemies continue to appear in shortly spread-out waves which increase in strength by varying the type of monster, starting with imps and culminating with barons of Hell. Other similarities not confirmed by the map's author include the color of the sky in both areas, and the relative positions of their exits compared to the temple structure.
- The name Kadingir Sanctum could be a reference to the Sumerian name of the city of Babylon, KÁ.DINGIR.RAKI, meaning "Gate of God."
- dogofchivalry (16 November 2016). "A hint for things to come in the new DOOM (a tree talking about a dark priest consumed by the crucible)." Reddit. Retrieved 18 June 2018.
- @JunctionEight (21 April 2017). "The last fight in Kadingir Sanctum actually had some elements that paid homage to the Doom 64 level, Watch Your Step. #doom." Twitter. Retrieved 5 September 2017.
- @JunctionEight (21 April 2017). "The pillar formations were in a similar pattern." Twitter. Retrieved 5 September 2017.
|Levels from Doom (2016)|
|Single player:||Site 03 • Resource Operations • Foundry • Argent Facility • Argent Energy Tower • Kadingir Sanctum • Argent Facility (Destroyed) • Advanced Research Complex • Lazarus Labs • Titan's Realm • Necropolis • VEGA Central Processing • Argent D'Nur|
|Multiplayer:||Argent Breach • Beneath • Boneyard • Cataclysm • Chasm • Disposal • Empyrian • Excavation • Heatwave • Helix • Infernal • Molten • Offering • Orbital • Outbreak • Perdition • Ritual • Sacrilegious|
|Classic levels:||Hangar • Nuclear Plant • Toxin Refinery • Command Control • Phobos Lab • Phobos Anomaly • Halls of the Damned • Tower of Babel • Slough of Despair • Pandemonium • House of Pain • Entryway • Underhalls|
|Rune trials:||Rune trial arena • Rune trial passage • Rune trial temple|