MAP01: Canyon (Master Levels)
This level occupies the map slot MAP01. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP01.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
- In the starting area, press the switch. Get to the room south of the outdoor area.
- The fastest way to get the red key is to drop down from the central window at the room you just entered. Grab the key and head to the western hallway. Turn left and go until the end of the corridor where there is a red door. Open the door.
- Lower the lift in the room and wait until it rises. In the room located at the very top, there is a blue keycard.
- Escape the room by opening either room in the south or in the north. In the room of many firesticks (if you use the northern red door you are already here), open the blue door.
- In the large outside area, use the very western lift that leads to the alcove containing two firesticks and a set of stairs. Walk up the stairs. Open the door.
- Head to the northern end of the marble room and use the lift with baron art. Open the door between two green sticks. In the room with a slime fountain, open the door at the end. Walk upstairs and open the last door.
- Use the teleporter, grab the yellow key and use the teleporter again to return. Open the exit door and flip the switch for the finish.
Other points of interest
- When you approach the southernmost blue key-locked door, an alcove containing imps will open at the southeast of the map, in the green tech room. Head to that location, and press on the west wall of the alcove to find a backpack. (sector 255)
- Once you step into the southern section of the gray marble room with the small nukage fountain, a few compartments containing enemies will open, including one southwest of the brown brick area you came from. Backtrack to that location, and open the rear wall of the compartment to find a megasphere. (sector 257)
- After you climb the stairs into the hallway leading to the exit door, an alcove containing imps will open to the west in the previous room. Push on the rear wall of the alcove to find a heavy weapon dude. (sector 261) On Hurt Me Plenty or lower, there will be a blur artifact here instead.
- In the room with the exit switch, press on the middle of the northern wall to find a super shotgun and a medikit. (sector 259)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the original map on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV speed||00:11||Kristian Ronge||2006-05-15||cany-011.zip|
- There is a rocket launcher behind the blue door in the starting area.
- A super shotgun is at the south-eastern room where the first secret is also located.
- A chaingun is in the room with firesticks and four doors leading to various locations of the map.
- At the north portion of the marble room on the lift, there is a plasma rifle.
- In the third secret (sector 261), there is a BFG9000.