MAP01: Dead of Night (Doomworld Mega Project 2016)
|DMP 2016 maps 01-10|
(01 - 10)
This level occupies the map slot MAP01. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP01.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
MAP01: Dead of Night is the first map of Doomworld Mega Project 2016. It was designed by Vladimir Bespalov (Demonologist) and uses the music track "Waltz of the Demons," originally composed by Robert Prince for Doom.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Walk straight through the wall behind your starting point for a box of ammo and a chaingun (the chaingun here is only present on Ultra-Violence or higher, it will be in front of you on lower difficulties). (sector 89)
- Attempting to open the door out of the first big room reveals several pens around you. Go to the left side with the pen that contains an arachnotron and head for the northwest corner to find a tucked-away switch. After hitting it, head back to the door and into the cacodemon pen to reach the backside of the pen, which holds health bonuses and a berserk pack. (sector 51)
- Jump into the damaging blood behind the rocket launcher and go directly behind the westernmost cage for a radiation suit. From that, press on the wall to the left to open up a passage with boxes of rockets and a lift leading up to health bonuses and a megaarmor. (sector 179)
- From the center of the map, head for the southwest door. In the next hall, there will be several metal columns. Head to the backside of the right column and press on the electricity symbol to lower a radiation suit (or a soul sphere on Hey, Not Too Rough or lower). (sector 211)
- In the red key area, one of the two columns with torches has an unlit switch on the left side. Pressing that switch reveals a passage behind where the arachnotron was. Follow this passage collecting health bonuses until you reach a lift up. There will be ammo on this platform and a door that will allow you to reach the last secret. (sector 201)
- Open the door mentioned in Secret #5, and go towards the lift, but do not ride it down. When you trigger it, you will also trigger a lift outside on Secret #5 to the east, which holds a switch. Flipping this switch opens a wall in the room at the bottom of the lift you did not ride down. Following the passage behind that wall leads to a soul sphere (megasphere on Hey, Not Too Rough or lower) near the starting point. (sector 9)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on January 24, 2022.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: