MAP01: FP (32 in 24)
|32 in 24 maps 01-11|
The map was the first submission to the project, having been created in about ten minutes according to the author, and posted in the project thread within an hour after the start time. This also explains the map title: FP is an abbreviation of "first post."
The level is a small square arena with a low light level. The players will generally stay on the walkways around the edge of the map, as the centre of the map is a pit of damaging lava - with a lift to allow a chance at escaping, however, this pit also contains shell boxes and boxes of bullets, the only ammo pickups in the map. Most of the walkway is open, allowing a clear line of sight from across the map, however a section on the west side is covered by a tunnel. This allows players to take cover, however a line of corpses hang from the ceiling, which do not obstruct the player's movement, but may obscure their vision instead. The walkway is also stopped from being continuous by a raised platform in the north-east corner. At the centre of this platform is a BFG9000, but the only way to get to it is to drop into the lava, and ride the lift to its highest position, which brings it level with the platform. This will be particularly difficult to do in larger games. Immediately south of the platform, on the eastern edge of the walkway, is a rocket launcher. This level contains no health, armor, or power-ups of any kind.
This level contains seven spawn points:
- In the south-west corner, facing east, next to a shotgun. (thing 35)
- In the south-east corner, facing west, also next to a shotgun. (thing 36)
- On the east side, facing west, again next to a shotgun. This is the closest spawn to the rocket launcher, which can be found to the north. (thing 37)
- On the north side, facing west, next to a chaingun. (thing 38)
- In the north-west corner, facing east, next to a shotgun. (thing 40)
- In the northern half of the tunnel on the west side, facing south, next to a super shotgun (thing 41)
- In the southern half of the tunnel, facing north, next to a super shotgun (thing 42)
Areas / screenshots
The view from the north edge, overlooking the central lava pit. The BFG9000 is visible on the left side of the shot.
|Box of bullets||2|
|Box of shotgun shells||2|
- Doomworld forums. at