MAP01: First Matters (Erkattanne)
MAP01: First Matters (named 1st Matters on the automap) is the first map of Erkattäññe. It was designed by Nicolas Monti and uses a rendition of the track "Sommeil Paradoxal" by Sobrenadar, sequenced to MIDI by Nicolas Monti.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
At the start, head into the room to the left where there is a pillar in the center. Go to the other end of the room, and you will be in a corridor with two windows. Go to the end and you eventually get outdoor. There, turn left to enter inside the other portion of the building. You will in a room with nukage/water. Head to the east of the room and enter the middle corridor. Once you find a lift, take it up into another room, in which you need to press the switch to get the exit accessible.
Return to the liquid room, and notice an opened wall in the west. Go there to get outdoor and walk on the staircase to the north. Jump over the central pillar and to the northern side, so you can finish the level.
Other points of interest
- In the western corridor go to the staircase. To the right is a shotgun. Obtain it and wait a little. Then, run to the outside area and turn right. Step over the lift. Descend down and push a silver wall to get a green armor. (sector 89)
- In the southern room go to the middle corridor in the east. Use the lift to get into a room. In the room notice a wall with lamps to the left of the switch. Push this wall to temporarily lower a lift in this room. Step on this lift and follow the tunnel to get a backpack. (sector 48)
- From the central outdoor area go to the northern room by the stairs. Not falling down, turn left and you will notice narrow step leading into a room behind a false wall. You can find many health bonuses and two rockets there but you also can access secret#4. (sector 76)
- From the room of secret#3 run-jump into the one of the windows in the western room to get outside. A chainsaw is there. (sector 55)
- Once you unlocked the exit by raising the central pillar, get to the northern side of the north room. If you bump the west wall looking southwestward, you will see a button in the distance which is located in the outdoor area of secret#4. Shoot it to open a wall behind you. Follow the tunnel to find several health bonuses and a computer area map. (sector 71)
A chaingun (Thing 156), a rocket launcher (154), a plasma gun (155) and a BFG9000 (153) are all flagged to appear in multiplayer mode, however they also lack any skill flags, so they are never spawned in the game.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
This level contains eight spawn points:
- facing north-west. (thing 145)
- facing north-west. (thing 146)
- facing south-west. (thing 147)
- facing north-east. (thing 148)
- facing south. (thing 149)
- facing south. (thing 150)
- facing west. (thing 151)
- facing north. (thing 152)
** In erkaknee.wad the Things count is 166.
* In erkaknee.wad the count of radiation shielding suits is 1.