MAP01: GenEmp Corp. (Hacx)
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Step forward to collect the kevlar vest and case of rounds (or rounds on "Let's rip them apart!" (LRTA) skill level or higher) at your feet, then run north-west past a GenEmp sign until you get to the west side of the building where a thug guards a gray door. Press the "Security Office" button next to the door to open it and reveal another thug, then step through and head down the steps to find a thug guarding the KeyCard as well as an SI array, cases of rounds and one or more hypos. Go back to the starting point then head north towards the front door of the GenEmp building - you can press the switch next to this door (requiring the KeyCard) to reveal a button that will open it.
As you go through the door and enter the lobby, one or two thugs will appear behind the reception desk and the back walls will lower to reveal more thugs, as well as androids and phages on LRTA or higher; use the tazer on the reception desk (and on LRTA or lower, a force field in the west compartment) to help you. Enter the hallway behind the desk and press the button on the west wall to open the elevators next to it, kill any waiting thugs then enter either elevator and press the up button to go to the second floor. Approach the west elevator door to open it, step out into a narrow corridor then walk north until you see two doors opposite each other. Press the button by the west door to open it, slay some waiting thugs then flip the red switch at the back of the room to open another door further ahead.
Go back to the corridor and follow it east and south until you reach another set of elevators. Press the button opposite these elevators (revealed by the switch you flipped earlier) to open the door next to it, then walk through a series of barriers behind it until you reach a thug guarding another switch. Flip this switch to open another door then go through to a room with two computer desks, along with thugs, a phage and an android on LRTA or higher. Check the east desk to find a tiny red button on its north-east drawers and press this to open another door to the north - behind this door you will see the password on a desk, guarded by a thug and two androids on LRTA or higher.
Go back to the elevators and ride them down to the lobby, then look behind the curved white wall on the east to find a panel requiring the password to open. Open the panel and press the button behind it to open the nearby door, kill all the thugs waiting in the next room then look behind the security desk to see a panel with blue and red buttons; pressing this panel will open the north-west door, allowing you to collect the Vulcan rubber boots behind them. With the boots, you can safely run through an electrified corridor to find an elevator (guarded by a phage and android on LRTA or higher) that leads down to a chemical storage room. Kill the thugs (plus more androids and phages on LRTA or higher) guarding the vats, then press the hand switch in the south wall to lower a lift next to it.
Ride the lift up and look left to see a computer panel; on LRTA or lower you can press this panel to raise more lifts around the vats for easy navigation, but on "I am immortal" (IAA) the panel will be blocked by spikes. In any case, you need to get on top of the vats and run across them to get to a platform on the east side of the room, then walk north to find a super kevlar vest and two cases of cartridges - from here you can walk west along a narrow ledge to a metal platform, then open the airlock door here to reach a second chemical storage room. Instead of dropping to the floor below, follow the walkway west and north to a door with a recessed button next to it and shoot this button to open the door.
Go through and head round the corner to kill a thug guarding a switch panel; a room with androids and supplies will also open on your left. Press the panel to open the north door then go through and head down some steps to a dark tunnel, which you can follow to a switch next to a red laser tripwire; pressing the button will open a door ahead, but stepping through the tripwire will lower the walls on either side, revealing two buzzers on LRTA plus two stealths on IAA. Head through the door you just opened to find another button and press it to lower a lift with a thug, then ride the lift up and step out on to some train tracks.
Head south towards the train platform and slay several waiting enemies (on LRTA or higher), then walk through a doorway to the east and press the button here to open a door leading on to the platform. Board the train then continue south through the carriages until you get to the driver's cab, then press the switch panel here to end the map.
Other points of interest
From the lobby, ride the west elevators up then enter the room due west of this point. You can find a 007Microtel in the middle of the room.
At the train platform, head east to find a passage that is blocked with spikes. Approaching the spikes will open a room on the west side of the platform, which contains ammo, a super kevlar vest and a 007Microtel.
- In the lobby, there are two white curved walls. Behind the western wall is a door which leads to a lift for going down. From there, there will be another door up ahead, which opens a room with a valise, a case of rounds, a kevlar vest, two cases of cartridges and three hypos. (sector 217)
- In the room with the switch next to the cabinet, there is a hidden switch on one of the desks. Pressing it will lower a part of this cabinet, allowing you to reach a hypo. (sector 253)
- In the room with the two desks (just before the password), there is a red button hidden on the east desk. Pressing it will lower a cabinet nearby, allowing you to grab ammo and health. (sector 277)
- In the second chemical storage room, the vat in the middle has a cenotrophexine; this will lower down inside the vat when the switch in the west room is pressed to reveal the stairway. A bridge will also rise, giving you access to the vat (you can lower it like a lift). Get on the bridge and run inside the vat to gain the cenotrophexine. (sector 137)
- In the room with the KeyCard is a sign saying "Check Desk Switch" - sure enough, if you inspect the drawers opposite the sign you will see a tiny red button. Press this button to lower a filing cabinet with a kevlar vest on it.
- one case of torpedoes (thing 491)
- two Hoig Reznators (482 and 483)
- three photon 'zookas (476, 479 and 490)
- three tazers (480, 481 and 488)
- three uzis (477, 478 and 489)
The same goes for the four deathmatch starts (484 through 487), but because of special handling in the engine, they function normally in the level.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 3, 2021.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 484)
- facing north. (thing 485)
- facing north. (thing 486)
- facing east. (thing 487)