MAP01: Glass Messiah (DBP37: AUGER;ZENITH)
|DBP37: AUGER;ZENITH maps 01-11|
MAP01: Glass Messiah is the first map of DBP37: AUGER;ZENITH. It was designed by SuperCupcakeTactics and uses the music track "One Night in Neo Kobe City" from Snatcher. The par time defined in MAPINFO is 1:40.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
When you've finished admiring the cityscape, turn right and head through the door at the end of the hallway. Turn left and you’ll see a closed door next to a crate with four explosive barrels on top. Open the door by pressing the button next to it and head straight through.
Proceed through this room to the fork in the corridor ahead. Turn north here at the broken window and head through the door. Go up the stairs on your right and then through the door at the top. You’ll find yourself in a blue-carpeted, S-shaped corridor. Go straight to the end and pass through the door with the “Exit” sign above it.
Steel yourself for a fight, and use the hand scanner at the end of the helipad to your east. A lot of enemies will warp into this area including cacodemons, heavy weapon dudes, and at least one baron of Hell. After enough time passes, the elevator to the north will open. Descend it and then follow the curving path outside to reach your exit car.
Other points of interest
- Going north from the start, you should eventually reach an outdoor garden/courtyard overlooked by a large sign that reads "real human bean". Next to it you will also find a large pool of acid, with elevated ledges overlooking both the northern and southern borders. To access the 1st secret, you must climb onto the northern most elevated ledge - this can be done later in the map by going through the adjacent breakable windows. Once you're on that ledge, walk carefully east until you are next to an otherwise inaccessible room with a pool of blood, a computer area map, and a backpack inside. Break the glass to enter the secret room. (sector 197)
- Going straight north from the start, you will eventually reach a sliding door. On the other side, you'll encounter a large room with breakable windows to the outside, and towards the west of the room you may notice a narrow wide window with an imp behind it, and a large quantity of health bonuses in the room with the imp. The way to get to this room is marked as a secret. The large outdoor area north of the room can be accessed by breaking the windows, and contains several crates. There are some crates by the southwestern portion of the courtyard (next to the acid) that form a stairwell to a seemingly locked door and a narrow ledge. Carefully follow the narrow ledge around until you reach breakable glass with a shotgunner behind it. Breaking the glass and entering the room triggers the secret (a very thin sector right across the breakable window). You may then open the large door behind the shotgunner to access the room with all of the health bonuses. (sector 1517)
- In the very northwestern corner of the map, you may discover something resembling a subway tunnel or other maintenance tunnel, with a stairwell leading down to the tunnel, an elevator at the eastern end, and elevated yellow strobing lights illuminating the northern wall. Looking west in the tunnel, you will see collapsed rubble and a stop sign. However, you may use some concrete steps to climb up onto a ledge running along the northern wall. Follow the strobing lights west (they do not collide with you) and you will reach the area beyond the rubble. Take the tunnels forward - you will find yourself in a rather special-looking room with a sequence of glass panes layered with imps and hitscanners. Shooting through the panes and enemies will reveal a super-shotgun at the southern end of the tunnel. The sector containing the super shotgun is the secret. Do mind the additional enemies that spawn when you trigger it. (sector 2085)
- In the southwestern corner of the map (close to the area that resembles a bar or diner), you will find a west-facing breakable window guarded by shotgunners. The window opens into a large pit with burning trashcans below, and another room with an already broken window with a visible berserk in it. This is the secret - simply land in that room by running out of the first window at high speed. Note that straferunning may actually result in too much speed and cause you to bonk your head, however retrying is easy. The actual secret sector is an incredibly thin line at the entrance to the berserk room - it may take multiple walkovers to trigger. (sector 2427)
- Just east of the breakable window that opens into secret 4, there will be two sliding doors which open into what seems to be a diner or bar, filled with enemies. Stepping into the main room may trigger multiple loud mechanical noises - look around until you find hole in the wall with randomly lowering and rising green pillars. The pillars are guarding a shootable switch - when they let you take a clear shot, take it. Shooting the switch opens a secret closet with a chaingunner and a partial invisibility. (sector 2716)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on June 1, 2022.