MAP01: Into the Underground (Kama Sutra)
|Kama Sutra maps 01-11|
MAP01: Into the Underground is the first level of Kama Sutra. It was designed by Adolf Vojta and Jakub Razák and uses the music track "Missing? Impossible!" from Duke Nukem 3D by Lee Jackson (which itself is a MIDI rendition of the Mission: Impossible music theme). Due to pitch bend compression caused by the conversion to MUS format, the track does not play as intended.
- 1 Inspiration and development
- 2 Walkthrough
- 3 Areas / screenshots
- 4 Speedrunning
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Inspiration and development
Adolf Vojta's comments from the text file:
- When the project was at its beginning, Method took my old map originally made for Doom1 and retextured it and added some details. Then later on I took this map again and completed. We wanted to have the first map simple and not so overdetailed.
Let's start Kama Sutra!
You start in a small open area near a red brick building. You can immediately grab a berserk pack (it's recommended) and you can see an armor on a platform just too high for you. Open the only door in the starting area and lower the lift beyond.
Kill the enemies in the 2 rooms beyond. You'll come across the yellow door, but you'll have to skip it (obviously). Across from it is a switch: flipping it will lower the platform with the armor. If you want to get it quickly, use the teleport in the room with the pool of nukage.
In the same room there are two doors, each one leading to a stairway with imps; both the stairways will take you to the same courtyard. Here you will find the yellow key, but it's on a high platform. Find a couple of doors in the courtyard: behind one of them is a switch that will rise a lift to the yellow key.
Go back to the yellow door and open it. There is a pillar with two switches; the first one will lower a teleport that will take you back to the courtyard, the second one will open a new door in the courtyard. So flip both switches and take the teleport.
The new room just contains a few enemies, two nukage pools with pillars and a switch that will allow you to enter the exit pool. That's it for this map.
Other points of interest
- From the first lift, turn right and jump into the cage from where the zombie shot you, grab the partial invisibility. (sector 77)
- In the bottom of the level, open a secret wall (linedef #875 or #880), get the chainsaw and the backpack. (sector 244)
- In the four-pillar room with acid, get the radiation shielding suit, open a switch (linedef #442) on an other side pillar and teleport back to the super shotgun and shotgun shells. (sector 32)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for this map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV speed||00:34||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2013-10-04||ks01-034.zip|
|NM speed||00:52||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2008-10-28||kn01-052.zip|
|UV max||01:07||Radek Pecka||2005-03-10||ks-lmps.zip||ks01-107.lmp 1|
|NM100S||01:22||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2008-10-24||kn01s122.zip|
|UV -fast||01:23||Jochen Schneidau (Angus)||2005-09-22||kf01-123.zip|
|UV Tyson||01:14||Adolf Vojta (Gusta)||2006-12-17||ks01t114.zip|
|UV pacifist||00:55||Graham Burgess (Grazza)||2005-06-05||ks-lmps.zip||kp01-055.lmp|
Last updated on May 23, 2015.
|UV max co-op||00:59||Vincent Catalaá||2005-03-25||ks-lmps.zip||kc01m059.lmp|
|Jakub Razák (Method)|
Last updated on May 23, 2015.
- Kama Sutra on KSteam official homepage