MAP01: Loading Bay (Doom 2 the Way id Did)
|Doom 2 the Way id Did maps 01-11|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Go forth up the stairs. Turn right and go up the other staircase until you approach a UAC door. Open the door and enter the brick room with two columns. Turn left and open the exit door. Flip the switch to exit the level.
Other points of interest
Before going right the second staircase, flip the switch to temporarily lower the lift and enter the next room. Turn right and walk up a staircase. Go forth and take the shotgun. Two platforms on either sides will open, releasing imps and zombiemen. Kill them and do not forget to pick up some stimpacks, various health and armor bonuses.
- At the beginning of the level, after you have walked up the first staircase, press the switch to the left to lower a lift. Stand on the platform and wait until it rises. Spring out the window to get outside area (sector 5). Get the armor and the medikit. You can also lower a lift in the northwest of the outside area which leads to the dark room where you can get a box of rockets.
- In the brick room to the southwest (where the door to the exit room is found) walk up the stairs and pass between the wall lights. Spin around and drop back to the curved stairs into the brick room; taking a sharp left you should see the briefly lowered platform into (sector 40) where you will find some health bonuses and a supercharge.
- In the southwest room where exit door is go to the east and open the brick wall that differs in appearance from the other walls. Enter the area (sector 71) and go down the stairs. Lower the piped-like platform to get four armor bonuses and chainsaw. Beware of the imp that hides behind the platform above Hurt Me Plenty.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||0:06.66||depr4vity||2020-03-03||id01p666.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
|UV max||0:45.34||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2015-11-12||d2twid_tca.zip|
|NM 100S||0:26.86||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2014-01-11||id01s026.zip|
|UV Tyson||0:56.77||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2022-05-30||d2twid01t56.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on June 19, 2022.
- The super shotgun is located in the very beginning of the map.
- A chaingun can be found near the switched-like elevator room.
- Behind the lift that is called by switch a rocket launcher can be found.
- There is a BFG9000 in the outside area of the secret#1.
- In the dark room located in the north-west area there is another chaingun.
- Right under the ceiling lamp the shotgun lies in the south-west brick room (C).
- In the exit room (D) the second rocket launcher is found.
- In the room of secret#2 a plasma gun is located.
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 73)
- facing south-west. (thing 74)
- facing north-west. (thing 75)
- facing north-west. (thing 76)
- facing south. (thing 77)
- facing south. (thing 85)