MAP01: Loading Bay (Doom 2 the Way id Did)
|Doom 2 the Way id Did maps 01-11|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Go forth up the stairs (A). Turn right and go up the other staircase until you approach a UAC door (B). Open the door and enter the brick room with two columns (C). Turn left and open the exit door (D). Flip the switch to exit the level.
Other points of interest
Before going right the second staircase (B) flip the switch to temporarily lower the lift and enter the next room. Turn right and walk up a staircase. Go forth and take the shotgun. Two platforms on either sides will open. imp and zombiemen will attack you. Kill them and don't forget to pick up some stimpacks, various health and armor bonuses.
- In the very beginning of the level after you have walked up the first staircase press the switch to the left to lower a lift. Stand on the platform and wait until it rises. Spring out the window to get outside area (sector 5). Get the green suit of armor and the medikit. You can also lower a lift in the northwest of the outside area which leads to the dark room where you can get a box of rockets.
- In the brick room of southwest where the exit room located walk up the stairs. Step up to wall lights. Go past them to activate a platform. Quickly drop down the ledge and open the UAC door (if you have not yet). Enter the opened platform before it closes to enter piped secret room (sector 40). Get some of healing potions and a soulsphere.
- In the southwest room where exit door is go to the east and open the brick wall that in appearance differs from other brick walls. Enter the area (sector 71) and go down the stairs. Lower the piped-like platform to get four helmets and chainsaw. Beware of the imp that hides behind the platform unless you play first two easy skill levels.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are:
- The super shotgun is located in the very beginning of the map.
- A chaingun can be found near the switched-like elevator room.
- Behind the lift that is called by switch a rocket launcher can be found.
- There is a BFG9000 in the outside area of the secret#1.
- In the dark room located in the north-west area there is another chaingun.
- Right under the ceiling lamp the shotgun lies in the south-west brick room (C).
- In the exit room (D) the second rocket launcher is found.
- In the room of secret#2 a plasma gun is located.
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 73)
- facing south-west. (thing 74)
- facing north-west. (thing 75)
- facing north-west. (thing 76)
- facing south. (thing 77)
- facing south. (thing 85)