MAP01: Mt. Doom (Enigma)
|The Enigma Episode maps|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
You start this episode in a small room with three demons and a shotgun. Pick up the gun and clear the area. When you exit, go left and continue until you find the entrance to the concrete structure. You will see a super shotgun which you can pick up by doing a long jump. Now, press the red switch and to the west a high platform will drop down, get on it. As you go up, there will be a soulsphere and next to it is a platform. Go up again. In front of you will be some thin steps which you can use to climb up to the end of the tower. Once you climb up, the rest of the map opens up and an army of enemies will attack you, so it is recommended that you pick up the invulnerability.
Go south and then turn north as you enter the new area, you will see a red brick structure. Activate the switch next to it to go up the stairs, and enter. When you go up, do not stop. What looks like a flat wall in front of you is actually a set of very thin stairs, which will lead you to the blue key.
Once you have it, simply go to the north end of the map and you will see the blue doors. Inside is the exit.
Other points of interest
- The lift immediately to the east of the switch pillar in the centre counts as a secret. (sector 13)
- The sector with the rocket launcher counts as a secret. (sector 32)
- The dark room with 2 boxes of rockets, a box of shotgun shells, and a shotgun guy or a heavy weapon dude counts as a secret. (sector 39)
- From the very start, turn back and open the door.
- You can come here from the back, just open the right wall.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 9, 2021.
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 169)
- facing west. (thing 170)
- facing north. (thing 171)
- facing west. (thing 172)
- facing east. (thing 173)