MAP01: On Hell's Horizon (Hellcore 2.0)
|Hellcore 2.0 maps|
This level occupies the map slot MAP01. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP01.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- When you enter the main building, turn right upon ascending the steps (face west) to spot a shotgun. You can lower the pillar by pressing it to get this gun. (sector 50)
- From secret #1, turn around and go towards a dead marine body. Press on the wall where this body is to lower it. There is a soul sphere in this room, as well as a box of shotgun shells (but not on Ultra-Violence or higher). (sector 901) Also in this room are two demons (on Hey, Not Too Rough or lower), a revenant (on Hurt Me Plenty), or two revenants (on Ultra-Violence or higher).
- When you reach the balcony above the courtyard, go to the southern end of this balcony and open the wall to the south. You will reveal a teleporter, (sector 1489) allowing you to head inside the courtyard. There is a computer area map here, as well as health and armor bonuses and a switch.
- At the west end of the balcony mentioned above, you can find a teleporter which takes you to the blue door. Enter the teleporter, then teleport back. You will be standing on the first teleporter. Turn around (look north) and open the wall behind you to find lots of stimpacks and a medikit. (sector 333)
- Exit Secret #4 and go to the long, green hallway to spot a newly-revealed teleporter to the east. Enter this teleporter to find a megaarmor. (sector 95)
- By flipping the switch in Secret #3, you will open up a hall at the northern end of the long green hallway mentioned in the previous secret. This new hallway contains ammo clips, partial invisibility, health and armor bonuses, and a green armor. (sector 1474)
- Once you teleport to the large cargo ship, go to the crate room (the central part of the ship) and use the small crates to get behind the large crate. You will find a computer area map. (sector 600)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||2:12.91||Serge Marudov (Never_Again)||2015-01-07||hc01p212.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
|UV max||9:28.03||Serge Marudov (Never_Again)||2015-01-07||hc01-928.zip|
|UV pacifist||2:12.91||Serge Marudov (Never_Again)||2015-01-07||hc01p212.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on June 3, 2022.
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 30)
- facing south. (thing 32)
- facing east. (thing 35)
- facing south-west. (thing 37)
- facing south. (thing 159)