MAP01: Subspace (Master Levels)
This level occupies the map slot MAP01. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP01.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
- In the start room there are two red door and a red key inside the stucture. In order to get it you have to shoot either door. Shooting will wake up the concealing lost souls out of the windows. Grab the key.
- It is too early to enter the southern door. You need a northern one now, open and enter it.
- In the room with two columns go forth and upstairs. In the green room if you take a little walk a door will automatically open (you can also open this door by yourself).
- In the staircase room fall down to a small closet to your left that contains combat armor along with other items. Press the switch. It will unlock another button to lower a teleporter pad in the very south area with yellow key on it. Return to the staircase room.
- Flip the air-floating switch to lower a blocking-way computer panel inside the building.
- Open the door to enter the building. Go down the stairs and turn right. Walk around the computer and press the switch. Return and go down again until you get out to the outside area.
- Get up and enter the teleport platform in order to both grab the key and to teleport to another place.
- Now in the place with two columns where you have been go upstairs and turn left. The door will automatically open (but you can also open it manually). Enter a small room with two yellow doors.
- You first need a western door as the blue key behind the northern one is inaccessible. Behind the western door is a large nukage area with a switch. Carefully walk over the thin bridges trying not to fall. The switch will lower a stand with the blue key behind the northern door. Take the key.
Path to the exit
- Return to the very beginning of the level. Open the southern red door. Walk upstairs and open the blue door.
- Behind the blue door there is a switch that temporarily open computer panels. The western one is optional, and the eastern will lead you to the exit teleporter with rocket launcher on it (is it so much needed after?).
Other points of interest
- In the room immediately past the red key door to the north, get on the first step of the staircase, face east and try to open the wall in front of you. You will find a secret closet (sector 26) containing a supercharge and megaarmor.
- Face west and open the wall directly opposite secret #1 to find another closet (sector 27) which holds a megasphere and a backpack.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the original map on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are: