MAP01: Sunset (Alien Vendetta)
|Alien Vendetta maps 01-10|
MAP01: Sunset is the first map of Alien Vendetta. It was designed by Martin Aalen Hunsager in 1997, was the author's first map, and was constructed in DETH. In the first release of the megawad, it uses a MIDI rendition by Christer Holm of the Level 1 theme from the Commodore 64 game, The Last Ninja 2. In the second release, it features an unused MIDI track composed for Carmageddon, which can be found as CARMID03.MID on the game CD. The par time defined in the executable is 1:10.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Go down the northern stairway. Head north, go east, and walk toward the door to open it. Head through the door to your northeast, and climb the staircase. Grab the red key, and exit the room. Use either one of the lifts to the south, and run up the eastern stairs. Head through the southeast opening, hit the switch in the southwest, and head back down the stairway. Go through the southern doorway, run to the northwest of the nukage pool, and press on the green torch; a wall will lower to the south. Head through the opening, and jump into the portal.
Other points of interest
When you go up the eastern staircase, look to the northwest to find a wall with more visible gaps between bricks than the others. Press on it to reveal a teleporter leading to a berserk pack. In the first release of the megawad, this counted as a secret. (sector 70)
- In the room with the red skull key, there are two small pools of nukage. One of them leads through a low hole in the wall. Drop into this pool; you will sink several feet, and be able to pass under the opening. On the other side is a short path leading to a soul sphere. (sector 43 in the first release) In the second release of the megawad, this area actually consists of four sectors that are all tagged as secret. (sector 35)
- See secret #1. (second release only) (sector 154)
- See secret #1. (second release only) (sector 155)
- See secret #1. (second release only) (sector 156)
- Return to the red skull key room. This time, walk through the waterfall behind the second nukage pool. There is a super shotgun behind it, as well as a nukage river leading up to a watchtower. (sector 63 in the first release; sector 54 in the second) On Hey, Not Too Rough or lower, there will be a chainsaw present instead.
- At the east end of the map in the L-shaped hallway, open the wall at the west end of the hall to find a teleport pad. Take it to enter a field where a berserk pack will be in a corner. (first release only) (sector 70).
- There is an area with a deep slime pool with some red and green torches located adjacent to the exit room. Drop into the slime pool and press the use key on the northern wall of this pit. The floor lowers, revealing an opening to the left. Lower the lift in the opening to reach a secret area with security armor. (sector 126 in the first release; sector 93 in the second)
Secret #1 having four sectors set to secret is an error. It was introduced when Kim Malde added more complex lighting sectors in the updated version of the map. Martin considers this an error in the map as it was not intended to be like this by him or Kim.
The level graphics for the map has an alignment error.
Areas / screenshots
The Doomguy stands a distance from the exit room, his view filled with a red haze.
Routes and tricks
Current Compet-n records
The Compet-n records for the map are:
|UV speed||00:28||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2009-04-12||ap01-028.zip|
|NM speed||00:30||Guillaume Pierson (Guiddqd)||2008-12-11||an01-030.zip|
|UV max||01:07||Anders Johnsen||2003-02-13||av01-107.zip|
|NM100S||00:44||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2009-04-08||as01-044.zip|
|UV -fast||01:12||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2009-03-31||af01-112.zip|
|UV -respawn||01:14||Kyle McAwesome||2011-02-25||ar01-114.zip|
|UV Tyson||02:10||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2005-07-30||at01-210.zip|
|UV pacifist||00:28||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2009-04-12||ap01-028.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 6, 2020.
Current DSDA records
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|NM speed||0:30.09||Guillaume Pierson (Guiddqd)||2008-12-10||an01-030.zip|
|NM 100S||0:44.91||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2009-04-08||as01-044.zip|
|UV -respawn||1:14.06||Kyle McAwesome||2011-02-25||ar01-114.zip|
|Stroller||0:49.06||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2020-09-11||av01str049.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 31, 2022.
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 99)
- facing east. (thing 100)
- facing south. (thing 101)
- facing north. (thing 102)
- facing east. (thing 103)
- facing north-west. (thing 134)