MAP01: The Combine (Master Levels)
This level occupies the map slot MAP01. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP01.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
- From the starting area go to the right part of the brick tunnel (A). Open the door leading to the staircase room (B).
- Walk upstairs until you reach either door in the north-west or south-west.
- In that room (C) open the door in the north part. In the computer room grab the blue key lying on the floor in the end of the staircase then leave the room. Return to the first staircase room (B).
- Use either door in the north-west (-east). Fall down to the pool, go to the very end of the pool, to the western side of it. Walk up the unnoticeable stairs. Open either of two blue doors and enter the teleport.
- Pickup the red skull and drop down the stand you teleported on.
- Return to that staircase room again (B). Open the red door in the east part.
- In that dangerous room carefully get to the southern part, open the door. In the next room press the switch in the very end.
- Return to the staircase room (B) and walking through the room behind the doors (C) open either door in the west to get to the small outside area where you have grabbed the red key. Open the red keyed door. Inside enter an alcove to your right. As you enter it a switch will reveal. Pressing button will reveal another button. Keep on pressing until you temporarily lower the stand with yellow key.
- After getting the final key go to the beginning of the level. In the corridor open the door in the southern part. Shoot the switch inside a small building. Enter the yellow door, end the level.
Other points of interest
- The area on which you begin the level is flagged as secret, and is thus impossible to miss. (sector 0)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the original map on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing south-west. (thing 28)
- facing east. (thing 39)
- facing north. (thing 44)
- facing west. (thing 46)