MAP01: The Gateway (Requiem)
|Requiem maps 01-10|
- 1 Description
- 2 Walkthrough
- 3 Areas / screenshots
- 4 Speedrunning
- 5 Deathmatch
- 6 Statistics
- 7 Technical information
- 8 Inspiration and development
- 9 Trivia
- 10 See also
- 11 Sources
- 12 External links
According to both the text file and the Requiem info pack:
- Welcome to Requiem. First map out of thirty, and as expected, a nice steady ride.
- Your objective is to travel through the small technology base, where the demons have used metal-like architecture and slayed [sic] human corpses together.
- Find the exit just outside the base, and prepare for mission 2.
Grab the stuff in the first room and open the door. Upon firing a shot, some zombiemen teleport onto a platform in the middle. Go through the next door to find a room with a chainsaw. Some rooms with enemies will open once you grab it. Head through the next hallway into the next door. In the next room, get the shotgun and head southward to the next hall, which opens up rooms with some shotgun guys inside. Kill them and find a switch on the wall to open up the door. Now head through the next hall, all the way to the final room. There are several zombiemen here, kill them and exit.
Other points of interest
- At the northwest hallway, one of the southern walls to the north is aligned differently from the rest. Open it to find a teleporter leading to security armor at the south of the level. (sector 5) Walk off either side of the platform to return.
- In the final hallway before the exit, a candle sits in front of the northern wall. Press on the wall behind it to find a box of shells. (sector 122)
In cooperative multiplayer mode, Player 2 starts the level (and respawns) standing close to and facing a wall.
In the outdoors area outside of the northeast room, four linedefs (556, 651, 781, and 765) on either side of the northeast and southeast windows are double-sided without a back side, producing the Hall of Mirrors effect. However, these cannot be seen unless you activate the noclip cheat and walk outside through the windows.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are:
|UV speed||00:11||Adam Hegyi||2001-03-28||rq01-011.zip|
|NM speed||00:11||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2009-12-21||rn01-011.zip|
|UV max||00:36||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2004-04-13||rq01-036.zip|
|UV -fast||00:38||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2010-03-15||rf01-038.zip|
|UV -respawn||00:37||Radek Pecka||2004-08-04||rr01-037.zip|
|UV Tyson||00:44||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2004-04-14||rt01-044.zip|
|UV pacifist||00:12||Adam Williamson||2001-03-28||rp01-012.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 6, 2020.
This level contains seven spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 93)
- facing west. (thing 96)
- facing west. (thing 97)
- facing north. (thing 98)
- facing north. (thing 99)
- facing north. (thing 100)
- facing east. (thing 101)