MAP01: The Monastery (The Invaders)
|The Invaders maps|
This level occupies the map slot MAP01. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP01.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Between the candelabra in the start room is a secret door leading to two medikits (one on easy skill), two boxes of shotgun shells (one on easy skill) and a super shotgun (not on easy skill). (sector 302)
- After taking the first teleporter, you will reach an outdoor area surrounding a building. The south side of the outer wall has a section with two metal emblems on it - this section of wall lowers on pressing, allowing access to the blue key which is necessary to complete the level without exploiting the Linedefs can be activated regardless of player's Z position bug. (sector 112)
- The room in the south of the level containing a switch that opens up access to the area with the exit counts as a secret and is impossible to miss. (sector 235)
- The north-east of the large water room just south of the exit has a platform where one section of the northern wall lowers on pressing, revealing two imps (one on easy skill), two medikits (one on easy skill), and a lift containing a rocket launcher, either a box of rockets (hard skill) or two rockets (other skills), and three shotgun guys (two on easy skill). (sector 360)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV max||12:21.80||Mike Toliver||2000-12-16||in1m1221.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 5, 2021.