MAP01: Titan Manor (Master Levels)
Titan Manor is a map that is part of the Master Levels for Doom II. The map is set on the surface of Saturn's largest moon, Titan. It was designed by Jim Flynn, and is contained in the file MANOR.WAD.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
From the start position enter the manor. Inside (A) walk upstairs to your right and open the door. A large arrow in the form of light points towards the north-western corner (B). Open the wall at that corner and use the lift. Walk forth on the long bridge and fall down on the sill of the window leading to the crate room (C). In that room if you walk near the blue door than an alcove containing enemies will open. Enter that alcove and press the skull switch to lower crate with yellow key.
In that crate room open the small wooden door. In the room with blue key (D) press the skull switch in the west to build the staircase about the blue key stand. Rise to the stand and press use on the baron depicted on the stand. This will build up the bridge that will help getting the key faster rather than walking from the southern and western side of this stand. Open the yellow door to get back to the entrance hall (A). Open the door to your right to get to the library (E). In the library go upstairs and open a secret wall in the fireplace. Press the switch there. This will lower a wall near the fireplace. Enter and go to the right and press the switch to temporarily lower the column in the middle in the entrance hall. While it is not risen just stand on it to temporarily lower that other stand with blue key. Through the yellow door run upstairs and take the blue key.
Return to the crate room (C). Lower the crate and open the blue door. In the very end of the room (F) there is a switch to lower a platform behind you. Use this platform to get to the higher level of this room and to enter the teleporter in the outside courtyard. In the very narrow and close room squeeze through the tunnel to get to a bedroom (G). Walk upstairs and jump over the platform with the column. Walk around the column and press the button to lower another platform before you. Press the second switch on that column to lower an alcove with red key inside.
Return to the room with the red door (F). Open a computer panel near the door (unless you have turned on the lights the computer panel is marked by an arrow). Press the skull switch to lower the brick wall blocking way behind the red door.
Other points of interest
- In the room of blue key (D) drop down the southern window. Open the wooden wall before you. Stand on the water container (it reminds a foot-bath). Enter the right-most pen that lowered. Press use on the pen door from that side to open another pen (to get out of the pen press the wall scratch). Stand on the left-most (eastern-most) pen's door and wait until it is risen. Open the eastern wall. The bookcase containing chainsaw lowers. (sector 111)
- From the room of blue key (D) jump to the window of the tall cabin (you can also jump there from top when you walking on the bridge but it is harder to do). Grab two boxes of rockets and a berserk pack. Lower the lift, grab more boxes of rockets and a cell pack. (sector 126)
- In the bedroom (G) stand on the bed and open the northern wall (if you have already visited the alcove with the red key you can see the arrow on the bed pointing this wall). Inside the wall take the rocket boxes and a medikit. Press the switch there to lower the walls in the middle of the room and make the room much opened. Grab a computer map. (sector 143)
- In the southern courtyard (near the secret#1) lower a metallic bar to get to a higher level border where you can grab plasma gun. (sector 179)
- The alcove behind the wall near the bed of the secret#3 is counted as secret. (sector 210)
- In the crate room lower the crates (not that ones that have/had the yellow key). While the crates are lowered open the grey crate to enter inside them where you can find combat armor and a shotgun guy. (sector 213)
- The secret is located in the very beggining of the level (A), on the platform in the middle with BFG9000 on it but first you need to open the baron wall in the south of the room near the exit (F), then enter the alcove where you press the skull switch to open another door and in that the same alcove press the second switch. After that you can return to the beginning of the level and enter north-eastern tower. Press the switch to make a southern bridge. Stand on the bridge and enter the south-western tower, press the switch there. Go to the south-eastern tower and lower a lift. In the top press the switch in the same tower to make another bridge leading to the south-western tower. Walk over the bridge, enter the teleporter. From the north-western tower jump through the wooden column, where you can get amplification visor and BFG9000 on the tall lamp. (sector 228)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the original map on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV max||05:00||Ricardo Bischoff (Rizera)||2011-04-10||manor-500.zip|