MAP01: Trapped on Titan (Master Levels)
This level occupies the map slot MAP01. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP01.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
There are in total three keys. You need the red and the yellow ones in order to beat this level. The blue key is optional:
- From the starting area (A) rise on by lift to your right (eastern). Go forth until the door comes in sight.
- The large staircase will be built in the other room with a revenant. Kill him, then open the door, walk around the small corridor and enter that room.
- Walk up that aforementioned staircase. From the very top step drop down to the south to lower a border. Rise and drop down from the platform with rocket launcher to the south room to open a wall leading to the watery area.
- In the watery area (B) take a walk at the eastern part of this area to open the wall in the east.
- Enter the opened rock room. The brick platforms can be lowered either by approximation or manually. Lower an extreme middle-eastern platform where there are the red key and a switch to escape this room.
- With the red key come back to the starting area (A) and use the two actual lifts in the room get to the very bottom of the room and open the red door.
- In the next room go to the platform and when it lowers stand on it to open two alcoves. Take the south-eastern one and press the skull button inside. In the west of the room walk up the new step. Jump on the stand with evil eye and drop down the wooden balcony.
- Enter the eastern building. Turn around and lower and use a lift. Open the door, drop down to the next building at the other side. Press use on the wall segment with two blue triangles to lower an actual platform. Quickly make your way inside the building, use a lift. Press a switch on the north side of the cube in middle of room to build up the stairs in another building.
- Make your way to the north building. Enter it from the western side. Walk upstairs until you approach the button in the end. Press it. Walk up the western staircase. Drop down until you grab the yellow key on the stand.
- Lower a lift to the west-southern building. Open the door. The whole building will open along with the door with a crowd of enemies inside. Kill them and inside the building press the switch to unlock the way to the exit cave.
- Lower the wooden balcony you have dropped down from and come back to the very beginning (A).
- In the beginning of the level (A) press the skull switch and enter the cave.
- Go down the cave, then, walking past the teleporter pad, walk upstairs.
- Grab the megasphere. Deal with arachnotrons (on the ITYD and HNTR skills), spiderdemon (on the HMP skill) or cyberdemon (on the UV and NM skills). Press the skull there for the finish.
Other points of interest
- Pressing the switch behind the blue door in the south-east raises a bridge (which can be lowered by pressing either side) from the central platform to the south-west of this area. From the south-west platform, walk east across the ledge as far as possible to reach the south-east platform. Part of the wall has a head on it – this is a secret door, leading to a megasphere on a platform. (sector 50)
- In the south-west area of the map there are four buildings. From the southern ledge of the central building (from which the southern building is reachable by jumping), there is a lift in the centre leading up to a secret door leading to a small room with two boxes of rockets. The eastern wall of this room is a secret door leading to a room with a health potion. Taking this lowers two walls leading to a ledge with a soul sphere. At the northern end of this ledge is a window that is actually a lift, leading to a room with some imps and (a) lost soul(s). The northern wall of this room contains a secret door leading to a platform (sector 114) with a cell pack.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the original map on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This level contains seven spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 4)
- facing north. (thing 5)
- facing north. (thing 6)
- facing north. (thing 7)
- facing south. (thing 8)
- facing north. (thing 287)
- facing north. (thing 288)