MAP01: Treatment Plant (Jenesis)
|Jenesis maps 01-11|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
You begin in a room with a few armor bonuses and clips. Get out and go through the door directly in front of you. Open the only door in that room and you'll find yourself in a hallway with a few nukage pools straight ahead. Ignore the yellow door in the hallway and go straight, where there are two doors - one requires a red key. Open the door to the right to visit a small area with a nukage pool and a switch opposite the door. Shoot the switch and a few poles will raise, enabling you to cross the pool. You'll arrive at a nukage-filled area - immediately turn right and drop down to the opening. Go straight and get the yellow key.
After you get the yellow key, use the switch to lower the bars that take you back to the start of the map. Enter the main building door again, and the next door. Turn left now and open the locked yellow door. In the room, turn left and open the door. Follow the hallway and at the end, take the left branch. Press the switch and a door should open near the switch. Go through it and you'll find yourself in the area just to the left of the starting area with the helipad, the blue key, a locked blue switch and a building to the south. Enter the building, navigate the crate maze and find the red key. Press the switch between the bars back outdoors, lowering a gap where you can head back to the start of the level.
Blue key and exit
Go back to the red locked door. Open it and come across a few nukage pools, along with some barrels. The next area has a big nukage pool and a few alcoves in the walls. Turn left, open the door and follow the hallway to a switch, which lowers some steps enabling you to cross over safely. Open the door across and you'll find yourself in a hallway surrounding a nukage fall. To the left is a door leading to the helipad area, but first go right and you'll come across a switch which lowers the blue key. Now head outside through that door, pick up the blue key and press the locked blue switch. A door should open in the area where you had just come out from, leading to a rocky outdoor area. Press the switch in there to lower a wall, revealing a staircase going down. Follow it and exit the level.
Other points of interest
There is ammunition to the sides of the staircase leading to the door out of the starting area. Some ammunition can also be found to the sides of the storage building near the helipad.
In the room where you shoot the switch to raise a bridge over nukage, there is a radiation shelding suit in the corner of the nukage.
There is a green armor close to the yellow key.
- In the outdoor area just after the start of the level, head right. You'll see a few crates. There are two piles of small grey crates. A berserk is sitting on top of one pile. Walk around the second pile and you will find a switch. Press it and lower the first bunch of gray crates to grab the berserk pack. (sector 324)
- After you shoot the switch raising a bridge made of tiny metal poles, you'll come across a tunnel filled with nukage. Go to the end, and instead of dropping outside, turn left and press the green indent on the wall with a skull. It will lower, revealing a switch. Press it and quickly run back to the other end of the tunnel where you'll find an open passage to the left of the nukage fall. Press the switch in there to lower a rocket launcher, but beware of revenants that spawn in. Grab the rocket launcher to register the secret. (sector 390)
- In the same area, to the left of the switch that lowers the rocket launcher, there is a big computer screen. Press it to lower a radiation shelding suit. (sector 448)
- In the room just after the yellow locked door, press on the computer screen to your right for a chainsaw. (sector 47)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 24, 2017.