MAP02: Coolant Platform (Community Chest 2)
|Community Chest 2 maps 01-11|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
When you move from your starting point the doors will open. Outside, grab the shotgun and a switch will appear behind you. Press it and two more doors will open to the south. There is a switch on the right side of this U-shaped hallway; pressing it will allow access to another switch in the center. Press this one and the red key will appear in the U-shaped hallway to the north, along with a few monsters. You will have to go straight down to the red door at this point, as there are now walls blocking the left and right access points. Behind the red door, the next door will open for you. Take note of the soul sphere in the next room if you want to get it later, as it is secret #1. Approaching the next door triggers a door behind you with four monsters in it. The next room has a light fixture with the light rotating around the room and a lift. Going down the lift, you have to go straight across to the next door, but grab the chaingun in the nukage while you are here. Follow the next hallway and keep going. When you get to a switch, press it and take the door directly behind you. When you approach the yellow key, its pedestal will rise and the nukage walls will lower revealing spectres and a cacodemon. Climb either staircase and flip the switch to lower the key. Backtrack all the way to the yellow door, watching out for newer monsters along the way. You will find that the rooms with nukage connect back to where the chaingun is. Behind the yellow door is a W-shaped area with lots of monsters. Open the door on the opposite side of the room from the yellow door here and you will see an outdoor area with lots of monsters as well. Flip the switch here to raise up some stairs in the W-shaped room. Go back to them and run in order to get the blue keycard. The blue door is opposite of the keycard on ground level, and it holds the exit switch.
Other points of interest
- In the southernmost hallway, there are curved walls bearing the UAC logo. When you enter the corridor with the staircase in the next room, a pair of curved walls in the southeast of the hallway will lower, allowing access to the higher sewage tunnel. Enter the tunnel (it is recommended that you grab the radiation suit when using this route,) and at the end of it is a switch. Flip it, and backtrack to the center of the level to find that the northern monitor has lowered. Enter the opening before the monitor rises to find a secret passage. (sector 204) Activate the lift at the end to find a soul sphere.
- After you open the yellow door, there is a misaligned wall in the northeast of the room. Press on it to find a box of rockets. (sector 356)
- In the alcove where you obtain the blue keycard, a portion of the western wall looks different from the rest. Open it to find a secret corridor leading to a switch. (sector 330) Press it, and the brown pillar outside of the building will lower, allowing you to access two rockets, as well as a box of ammo and a box of rockets on Hurt Me Plenty or lower.
The front sides of linedefs 1763 and 1764, and the back sides of linedefs 1483, 1484, 1486, 1489, 1491, and 1492, are all untextured. As a result, when the UAC walls are lowered to access secret #1, Hall of Mirrors effects will become visible on the inner sides of the walkway, and the east and west sides of the nukage fall.
This level features a Doom Builder 3D Mode Start Thing (thing 120, type 32000) in the yellow keycard room. As it does not have any flags set, however, it will not be present on the map during gameplay, and no "Unknown Thing" error messages will be printed.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|NM speed||3:11.97||Donatas Tamonis (Donce)||2012-03-19||c202n311.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
This level contains eight spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 340)
- facing north. (thing 341)
- facing west. (thing 342)
- facing west. (thing 345)
- facing north-east. (thing 346)
- facing south-west. (thing 347)
- facing north. (thing 348)
- facing west. (thing 349)