MAP02: Dark Breed (Earthless: Prelude)
|Earthless: Prelude maps|
|The Hanged Gardens|
|Realm of the Weeping|
MAP02: Dark Breed is the second map of Earthless: Prelude. It was designed by James Paddock (Jimmy) and uses the music track "The Imp's Song" by Robert Prince. The par time defined in MAPINFO is 1:00.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Other points of interest
- After starting the map and clearing the initial area, Go to the first red door near the start, Opposite of the door is a blue techno wall with a candle in front of it, Lower the center of the wall and take the teleporter to tag the secret, there are two rockets and a rocket launcher in the upper area. (sector 101)
- Progress the map a bit until you come towards a blue carpet room with a demon and two chaingunners. Kill them, then cross the linedef in that room. A wall will open in the western hallway. Backtrack to get towards it and kill the imp on the other side, to tag the secret you must enter the room beyond the wall. (sector 174) Note that there are two more imps, two rockets, a megaarmor and a monster closet with four pinky demons and a box of shotgun shells that opens when you get close to the megaarmor.
- Another linedef is in the lit-up hallway before the blue keycard. Cross it then run back to the room with the chaingunners were and go up on the lowered lift with them to tag the secret. (sector 181)
- Clear the level more and when you get to the red keycard a trap will commence. Kill all the monsters from the trap then go to the monster closet with the Hell knight and collect the box of rockets and two rockets. (sector 172)
- Go through the red door, up the stairs and across to the ledge with the black and yellow stripes, then run across and land on the lower ledge across from it. Doing this will open a monster closet with three lost souls, two rockets, and a stimpack. (sector 187)
- Still in secret #5 open the wall with holes in it and step in the room ahead to tag the secret. (sector 204) Note that there is a cacodemon, three imps, a medikit, a box of bullets, the super shotgun, three rockets, and a door that takes you to a secret #7.
- Enter the aforementioned door from secret #6 to enter a small room which contains a spectre, and the somewhat elusive soulsphere. Also don't forget the box of rockets behind the soulsphere. (sector 167) Another way of entering this secret is by going into the room with the watery ceiling and opening the wall with two lights. This will place you behind the spectre giving you the tactical upper hand. Another thing you should note is that the two entrances mentioned are one way doors, meaning you have to go around the outside of the soulsphere room and open both entrances from the outside, as trying to open either entrance from inside the secret room will not work.
- Go up the stairs in the red door room then make a right and go through the L-shaped hall into a room overlooking the start, as you approach the center of the room a monster closet full of imps will open. Kill them all then go into the closet and press on the wall roughly where the hanging leg and blood puddle is, it will open like a door and give you a light amplification visor. (sector 193)
- You can lower the pedestal with the shotgun in the starting room early before going past the red door. To do so you must locate the flickering panel with the UAC logo to the left of the starting room. After that press on it and the shotgun will lower.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on March 2, 2022.