MAP02: Derelict Station (Cabal series)
This level occupies the map slot MAP02. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP02.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- The blue door in the south has two alcoves on each side. The north-east alcove has a silver texture marked with blue flashes – this is a switch which briefly lowers the circular floor to the west. South of this circular floor is a door leading to a super shotgun, a medikit, a demon (easy and medium skills) or a Hell knight (hard skill). There is also a BFG9000 in multiplayer.(sector 117)
- On exiting the blue key room and turning right, you will come to a creek. Drop into this creek and shoot the section of wall to the south (a switch is half-visible). This opens a door to the north (blocked in multiplayer) leading to another door which leads to a room with a demon (medium skill) or a revenant (hard skill) as well as eight rockets and a rocket launcher. There is also a teleporter leading back to the start. (sector 114)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV max||04:10||Chris Ratcliff (Ryback)||2003-10-17||cb2-0410.lmp|
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 21, 2018.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 43)
- facing east. (thing 44)
- facing east. (thing 45)
- facing south-east. (thing 46)
Inspiration and development
- According to Sverre André Kvernmo, this map was originally created for inclusion in the megawad TNT: Evilution, but he missed the absolute deadline by a single day. .