MAP02: Dropp (32 in 24)
|32 in 24 maps 01-11|
This was the second submission to the project, and took Mancuso about two hours to build. It was her first ever deathmatch level, but she would go on to make at least one map for every subsequent 32in24 WAD, a distinction shared only with Matt Cibulas (RottKing). The level is named after the song of the same name by Autechre.
Dropp takes place in a fortress-like structure made predominantly of brick. The layout is far larger and more complex than that of the previous map.
The map features lots of open space, though the sparsity of cover varies with each area. The eastern section is completely indoors, and players are less exposed here, in contrast to much of the western section, which is outdoors and featuring very little cover, save for the sheltered south-west corner of the map. These areas form an almost continuous path around the map - which is obstructed only by a lift in the north-east corner - allowing players to run between them easily. Alternatively, players can also run across the centre of the map, though another lift is required to get to the higher western section from the east. The centre of the map is where players can find the level's only chaingun. The rocket launcher is clearly visible atop a metal column near the centre, it is accessed by pressing the switch on the western side of the column. Next to the central lift is a corpse hanging from a metal archway - behind it is the plasma gun. Players will notice this if they run along the northern passage. Super shotguns are mostly near spawn points, and ammo for all weapons is plentiful. Like the previous map though, health, armor, and power-ups are completely absent.
This level contains six spawn points:
- In the centre, near to the eastern door, facing west. The closest weapons are the super shotgun and chaingun, though it will take a couple of seconds to reach them. (thing 3)
- In the south-west corner, facing north-east. The closest weapon is the super shotgun in front of the spawn, though the quickest way of getting to it involves moving over damaging lava. (thing 4)
- In the north-west section, next to the central lift, facing east such that it overlooks the central area. The closest weapon is the plasma gun, though it is not visible from the exact spawn point. (thing 5)
- In the south-east corner, facing north-west. This is quite far from any other spawn. The closest weapon is the shotgun. (thing 6)
- In the north-west section, under the canopy behind spawn #3, facing east. The closest weapon is the super shotgun. (thing 7)
- In the centre, facing east. Very near the lift but out of immediate danger from spawn #3. The closest weapon is the super shotgun and chaingun, and is closer to both than spawn #1, giving this player a significant advantage if two players spawn at these points simultaneously. (thing 8)
Areas / screenshots
The central area, as seen from near spawn #1. Notice the rocket launcher in the top left corner.
The northern passage, showing the location of the plasma gun.
|Box of bullets||5|
|Box of shotgun shells||7|
|Box of rockets||4|
|Energy cell pack||4|
- Doomworld forums. at the