MAP02: Geothermal (TNT: Revilution)
|TNT: Revilution maps 01-11|
This level occupies the map slot MAP02. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP02.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- South of the map start, you can see a different texture on the rock wall past the damaging red rock floor. On the red rock area directly east, there is a hidden switch in the stone behind a small metal grate. Flip it, then go west back to find the wall has opened into a cave (sector 95). You can find a box of rockets, an ammo clip, shotgun shells, and a berserk pack here.
- The walkway south of where the red key is has the switch to lower said key. From the stairs leading up to this walkway, go straight south to the vent grate and use it. This lowers a wall marked 'TNT' just to the south of the switch that lowers the red key, revealing another switch. Find this switch and flip it as well, then return to where the grate was to find yet another switch, which will raise a bridge leading east. Cross over to the health bonuses, rockets, and soul sphere, looking out for the ambush that follows. (sector 107)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV max||2:16.57||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2022-02-03||tntr02-216.zip|
|UV -fast||3:29.43||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2022-02-03||tntr02f329.zip|
|UV -respawn||2:05.31||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2022-02-03||tntr02r205.zip|
|UV Tyson||5:53.11||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2022-02-04||tntr02t553.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on August 2, 2022.
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 218)
- facing north. (thing 339)
- facing west. (thing 340)
- facing north-east. (thing 341)
- facing east. (thing 343)