MAP02: Ion Storm (Community Chest 3)
|Community Chest 3 maps 01-11|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Enter the door and head left in the corridor. Walk up the stairs. Turn right and press the switch to open the door. Enter this door. In the next room, climb the stairs northeast. Take the door in the east here. You can see a red door in this room. Proceed eastward to the other end of the room. Turn left and press the switch to make the lift work. You can now enter an outside area. Press the green button to open the door, then enter it. Use the lift to get into room higher. Take the red keycard right in this room. After that you can press the switch near you which requires the just collected key. This, however, open several traps around. Get back to the outside area. Use the lift again to get to the previous room and go to the red door which is opened now. Go down and flip the switch that also requires the red key. Pressing this switch unlocks the door to the eastern portions of the map.
Backtrack to the very beginning of the level. Proceed to the east to find the red door open. Enter the room with green walls ahead. Press the switch in the north of the room to lower the lift. When you get higher on the lift go around the corridor to the southwestern part of it and open the door there. Take either staircase and press the switch in the south of the room. Return to entrance of the room to find the large door open and a yellow key accessible. Get the yellow keycard.
Backtrack to the previous corridor and take the yellow door in the east of it. In the next area, proceed eastward into a grey brick room. Press the switch in the southeast of the room in order to use the lift. On the higher level, go straight and turn left. Press the switch to open the locked door. This, however, opens a trap behind you. Enter the opened door now. Go down on the stairs to enter a nukage room. Walk to the safe floor ahead. Press the switch to open the bars in the north of the room. Walk into an opened room. Walk up on the stairs and grab the blue keycard.
With all the keys collected backtrack to the very beginning of the level. Head left in the familiar corridor. Walk up the stairs. Open the blue door in the northern end and flip the switch to exit.
Other points of interest
- After you open the door next to the exit door, there will be two brown techno panels at the east wall, bordered by columns of lights. After climbing the nearby stairs, do a running jump at the northernmost panel from a distance, landing in the recess where it sits. Doing this is best done using straferunning. After pulling this off, push on the panel to open it, revealing a medikit and a box of shells. (sector 285)
- After climbing the stairs near secret #1, there is a computer panel to the west. Push it, and it will briefly lower, allowing you to access a teleporter which leads to the platform near the exit door. At this spot, you will find a stimpack and a switch. Activate the switch to lower the wall west of the exit door, leading into a room with some monsters and a super shotgun (sector 661), along with another room containing two stimpacks, 16 shotgun shells, and a megaarmor. Stepping onto the cross-shaped platform where the shells and megaarmor sit will cause a compartment full of enemies to open to the south.
- On your way to the red keycard, there is a computer terminal with a long, red light at the top, at the south of the hallway around the outdoor section. Press on this panel to open a door at the northwest, where you can find two stimpacks and a box of bullets. (sector 461) This room also contains a vantage point from which you can kill the enemies in the alcove east of the pillar with the chaingun, even before it is opened.
- Beyond the red door east of the first hallway, there is a tall mainframe, upon which there are two clips, 8 shotgun shells, and a backpack. At the south of the walkway around the room is a computer terminal with silver borders. Push on this panel to find a medikit and a teleporter. Enter the teleporter to be warped on top of the mainframe, allowing you to gather the munitions there. (sector 517)
- In the same room as secret #4, there is a slight recess in the northwest wall on the upper floor, next to the elevator switch. Open it to find another teleporter; enter it to be warped on top of the stack of crates near where you found the red key, from which you can jump into a compartment to the west containing a supercharge. (sector 425)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV speed||02:53||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2008-11-27||c302-253.zip|
|UV -nomonsters||01:42||Daiyu Xiaoxiang||2012-01-11||c302o142daiyu.zip|
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 22, 2018.