MAP02: Mysterious Cove (Speed of Doom)
|Speed of Doom maps 01-11|
This level occupies the map slot MAP02. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP02.
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- From the map start, go in the direction of the armor, and from it, look north for a small tunnel in the nukage that you can walk into. It hides shotgun shells, rockets, and armor and health bonuses. (sector 128)
- Find the first multi-stage lift and hit the button to go down. It'll take you to a hidden box of shotgun shells and armor bonuses. (sector 236)
- From Secret #2, go up on twice with in the lift, enter the new room and hit the switch in the wall to send the lift up. This will reveal a button that will open a small room to the right with a berserk pack. (sector 268)
- In the west building, check for a hidden button to the right of the red switch that lowers the stairs. This will open a new lift where you can find a rocket launcher, guarded by an ambush of revenants and a mancubus. (sector 480)
- In the room with the blue key, one of the tan crates has a grey stripe running through it. Press it to reveal rockets. (sector 542)
Areas / screenshots
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||0:13.43||Boris Klimeš (dew)||2010-03-31||sd02-013.zip|
|UV max||3:08.29||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2022-04-18||sd02-308.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on June 24, 2023.