MAP02: Strange Outpost (Disrepair)
MAP02: Strange Outpost is the second map of Disrepair. It was designed by Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531) and uses the music track "Smells like Burning Corpse" by Jonathan El-Bizri, Josh Martel, L.A. Sieben and Tom Mustaine (from TNT: Evilution). The par time defined in MAPINFO is 15 seconds.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Dispatch of the Hell knight in the outdoor area to open up panels at either side of him. Avoid the monsters, hit the switch inside, and then take the teleporter to the upper area. Hit the switch up there, take the lift down, and hit the switch in the western-most door. These switches open the path to the red key, so collect it, and exit the level through the red door.
Other points of interest
- Directly after teleporting, head south, over the fence and onto an invisible walkway. This leads to a false wall, with a backpack inside. (sector 151)
- In the western-most box room, hug the southern wall whilst on the boxes, and run into the area with a misaligned texture. Activate the switch inside to open up a nearby wall, leading you to a rocket launcher. (sector 378)
- Just before the stairs to the level end switch, activate the orange-stained wall to reveal two rocket boxes. (sector 491)
- Cross the threshold that led into the outdoors area, to open up a door inside the room that opened up after killing the Hell knight. Inside this secret room you'll find a clip and a megaarmor. (sector 509)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
After opening the door in the first room, a small box raises up in the floor behind you. This allows you to run up the larger boxes, collect the red key, and bypass normal route.
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are: