MAP02: The Artifact (The Artifact)
|The Artifact maps|
This level occupies the map slot MAP02. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP02.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- The room south of the computer terminal in the center of the map has three green pillars and a computer terminal. This particular computer terminal can do three things: lower the two pillars to the sides, open the door to the central computer terminal, and open up Secret #3, depending on which side of the terminal you use. Use the central part of the terminal, which will lower the two pillars, then look on your automap. You will notice arrows pointing to the left side of the left pillar and the right side of the right pillar. Go onto the pillars from either of those sides to teleport into the central pillar. Two switches in this pillar lower you down and open a new terminal allowing you to get the yellow key. (sector 462)
- From the start, enter the next room and open the wall in the southwest corner to enter the cave. Go towards the window here and flip the switch, then head back. If you have not opened the front door here, do so now by going back to the starting point and using the right computer terminal. Past the door, to your left is a partial invisibility, a berserk pack, and a switch. This switch gives you easy access to the rest of the map without worry of the damaging water. (sector 471)
- Once you reach the computer terminal in the middle of the map, press on the middle terminal to open a door to the north. Walk along this hallway until it rises as steps to the next area, but do not forget to press the switch at the base of the steps to open the way up. At the fork up here, turn right and back towards the river. Along the walls to your left are some thin ledges going across some of the pens you may have passed by. Go across these ledges to the pens, until you reach the one with the computer area map. Open the door and take the lift up to the next floor, where you can finally get the weapons you saw on the red pillar. (sector 485)
- Next to the lift that leads up to the red key, you can open the wall opposite of the lift for some supplies. Inside the room, you can find a partial invisibility, a berserk pack, a green armor, a box of ammo, an energy cell pack, a box of rockets, and a box of shotgun shells. (sector 509)
- In the room with the exit teleporter, shoot the marble face to reveal a box of shotgun shells and a megasphere. (sector 514)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 16, 2018.