MAP02: The Cataract (Obituary)
|Obituary maps 01-11|
This level occupies the map slot MAP02. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP02.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Don’t use the switch that raises the stairs, it will definitely close the access to the first two secret zones. Instead, open the door and search for a berserk. Nearby, open a wall for the chainsaw and a teleporter. (sector 78)
- Enter it, kill the baddies (five stimpacks sit here). Open a wall (sector 227), follow the path for the shotgun, a soulsphere and two medikits. From here, go down.
- Open a wall in the south-west of the stony room, another berserk awaits. (sector 103)
- Before the next room, a trapped wall opens behind you. Open a wall in the trap, four stimpacks and a box of bullets are hidden here. (sector 139)
- Between the blue key and the last big room, open a wall for a third secret berserk. (sector 197)
- From here, open a wall for the backpack. (sector 183)
Areas / screenshots
Secret #2's soulsphere
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on June 3, 2022.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 91)
- facing east. (thing 92)
- facing west. (thing 93)
- facing north. (thing 94)