MAP02: The Compound (Doom 2 the Way id Did)
|Doom 2 the Way id Did maps 01-11|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
- Regular exit:
Drop down to the water pit (A) and turn to the right. Go forth until you approach a lift. Press the gargoyle button to activate the lift. Now drop down, turn right and go through the tunnel (B). Proceed until you find a red keycard. You may rather use a teleporter pad located at the bottom of slime pool to get faster to the opposite side of the pool. Go back to the place you have dropped down (A) and open the red keyed door (C). Turn to the left and pass around the fencebar. Enter the teleporter pad. In the place where you have spawned enter the UAC door. Press the switch to the left and use a lowered lift. Go forth (D) and open the door to get to a computer room (E). Find another switch in this room. When pressing it three platforms will temporarily lower, one that's located right before you contains a blue keycard. Grab the keycard and leave the computer room. Drop down the ledge and again to the water pit (A). Go to the west and open the blue keyed door (F). Flip the switch to end this level.
- Secret exit:
Enter the room with the three tech lamps (see secret #1). Activate the fake switch that is located on the short wall segment in the northeast corner. If you are using a vanilla-compatible source port this will alternately behave like a normal exit or cause the same level to be restarted; otherwise, you will enter the easter egg secret level MAP33: Hexsoil.
Other points of interest
- In the starting area there is an alcove containing a shotgun and 4 shotgun shells.
- In the computer room (E) when you flip switch to lower three platforms there are a box of bullets and a box of shells located on the either platforms.
- Near the blue-keyed door (F) open the door and enter the area with three techno lamps. Open the north wall and get the rocket launcher.
- In the corridor (D) near the door that leads to the computer room cross the linedef that temporarily lowers the lift by dropping down the ledge and then to the water pit. Run to the place where the red-keyed door is located (C). Stand on the platform. Enter the teleporter. In the new area with two lamps and a computer panel grab box of rockets and blue armor.
Areas / screenshots
In the room of techlamps where the secret #1 and secret level are located.
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed (normal exit)||0:22.74||2014-05-20||d2twid_srl.zip|
|UV speed (secret exit)||0:03.97||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2014-05-23||id02sp397.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
|NM speed (normal exit)|
|NM speed (secret exit)||0:04.43||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2014-05-23||id02sn443.zip|
|UV max||1:36.69||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2015-11-16||d2twid_tca.zip|
|UV Tyson||5:54.49||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2015-08-05||id02t554.zip|
|UV pacifist (normal exit)||0:52.66||NoisyVelvet||2017-04-18||id02p052.zip|
|UV pacifist (secret exit)||0:03.97||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2014-05-23||id02sp397.zip|
|NoMo (normal exit)||0:24.94||2015-02-04||id02o024.zip|
|NoMo (secret exit)||0:03.77||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2014-05-23||id02so377.zip|
|Stroller (secret exit)||0:07.89||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2014-05-23||id02sstr789.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on June 1, 2022.
This level contains eight spawn points:
- facing north-east. (thing 137)
- facing south-west. (thing 138)
- facing north-east. (thing 139)
- facing south. (thing 140)
- facing south. (thing 141)
- facing south-west. (thing 148)
- facing east. (thing 151)
- facing east. (thing 152)