MAP02: The Scorpion (Erkattanne)
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
Enter the main building and inside follow the corridor to the left until you find a door to open. Enter another door to the left, which is tan. In the next room go to the right and you will be able to take the blue keycard in the blue-floored room. Beware of the two traps behind, however.
Go to the eastern side of the building where a gap can be seen (to the right of the entrance of the building or via the north corridors). Enter inside the structure in the center of the room by opening the blue key bars and flip the switch to fill the gap by raising the bridge to the east side. Go to that side to eventually come to a room at the north east. Before you take the keycard, prepare to fight with enemies behind the outer walls of the room. Once you dealt with them, you need to flip the switch on the highest platform. Jump from one platform to a higher one, and repeat this until you get to the switch. This will take some practice (tip: try to not bump against sharp angles). Once you flip the switch, you will be able to escape this room.
Return to the room with the structure and take the door to the west. In the room, take the tunnel and turn left, so you can see a door requiring red key. Behind is a switch. After you flip it, the top west portion of the level will be rendered reachable. Go into that room (left of the entrance to the main building). Enter the structure and kill the chaingunner. Flip the switch and prepare for two traps, one of which having the exit door.
Other points of interest
- A small building in the starting area, through which the player enters the level, has an openable wall behind which is a green armor. (sector 126)
- Enter the main building and follow the corridor to the left until you find a door to open. Head right and descend by a lift. Turn right and push the wall in front of you to get an invisibility sphere. (sector 165)
- Again, in the room from which the red door is overlooked, take the north western door. Step over the next room but run back to the previous room and to the east accompanying room. Turn left and step on the lowered lift in order to then take a computer map. (sector 38)
- At the entrance to the main building, head right. In the room, enter the sequential room to the left. You can see two steps when looking southward. Step on the first one and quickly head into the door leading to the room where the river is. Near the tunnel's entering there is a wall opened to the right. Go there and take a teleporter. This will lead you to a platform. Jump to the second platform to get the chainsaw. (sector 15)
- When you possess the blue key, you can now go to the room at the north east to get the red key. Take the key and prepare to deal with the enemies. Get to the next-to-last platform, so you could see the switch on the far east wall. Shoot it while falling down, and a wall to the south east of the room will open. Follow the tunnel behind it to find rocket launcher and two rockets. (sector 164)
- Return back to the red key room. Another wall opens each time you cross one of the steps of the second platform. You need to be quick here, as you will have to get into south wall that opens on the last platform (the practice is needed). Once succeeded, follow the path to get outside. Step over a series of platforms to get a supercharge but also do not forget to find all items around. For getting out there is a lift near the platforms. (sector 69)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
This level contains eight spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 218)
- facing south. (thing 219)
- facing south. (thing 220)
- facing east. (thing 221)
- facing south. (thing 222)
- facing south-east. (thing 223)
- facing east. (thing 224)
- facing west. (thing 225)
** In erkaknee.wad the Things count is 240.
* In erkaknee.wad the count of radiation shielding suits is 4.