MAP02: Theta Base (Mars War)
|Mars War maps 01-11|
MAP02: Theta Base is the second map of Mars War by Nathan Lineback. It uses a MIDI conversion of the tracker module "L.F.F" by Matthew Simmonds (4mat).
In version 3, the red key door has been removed and changed to a door that can be entered without a key. Version 3.01 has modified instruments for the module music to make them "less annoying".
- 1 Story
- 2 Walkthrough
- 3 Areas / screenshots
- 4 Speedrunning
- 5 Deathmatch
- 6 Statistics
- 7 Technical information
- 8 Inspiration and development
- 9 Trivia
- 10 See also
- 11 Sources
- 12 External links
Once you secure the shuttle, your first stop is Theta Base. This is where all the cool tech comes from. They supposedly have developed a plasma rifle that is powered by common energy cells, and you need to get it!
You had many friends at Theta base, your last contact with them was hours ago and there has been no response since. You don't really want to think about what has happened to them, and it won't be any fun searching the base. But you know they had all kinds of goodies stashed away that might help you.
Other points of interest
- In the storage room at the southwest of the base, there is a huge pile of small crates. Shooting this pile with any impact weapon will cause the pile to rise into the ceiling, revealing a partially open door. Open this door all the way and head down the passage to find a room with an imp (two imps on skill 3 or higher) and two medikits. At either side of the room are computer monitors. Press on the northern one to open a compartment with nine health bonuses. (sector 83)
- In the same room, push the monitors to the west to find nine more health bonuses. (sector 59)
- Across from secret #2, open the monitors at the east to find nine more health bonuses. (sector 67)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
Red key card has been removed in version 3 or later.
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on January 16, 2022.
This level contains seven spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 4)
- facing east. (thing 17)
- facing south. (thing 18)
- facing east. (thing 19)
- facing east. (thing 20)
- facing south-east. (thing 21)
- facing east. (thing 22)