MAP02: UAC in Exile (UAC Ultra)
|UAC Ultra levels|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
If you are playing on Hey, Not Too Rough or lower, there will be a shotgun in front of you, otherwise, get secret #1 for one. There will be a few enemies to kill in the next room. East is a blue door, so head west and at the next fork, turn left and follow the hall to a room with a chaingun and armor. The switch here opens up some walls with former humans behind them, plus a Hell knight just in the hallway. Return to the hallway to find the door on the other side open. Follow this path, killing demons that appear just at a lift that rises, then take this lift down into a loading area with several crates. You will want to reach the lift where the chaingunner is, so do that and jump to the platform to the north. Head through the next hall, up the steps and through the next door, killing demons inside. Hit the switch and continue until you reach the next switch. Return to the room after hitting it, and get rid of any imps you see outside. Jump to the southwest to reach the next switch, which opens a wall with a couple of Hell knights inside (plus a chaingunner on Ultra-Violence or higher). Use the switch, ride the lift up, and follow the path. When you reach a dead end, flip the switch to reveal an arch-vile (or revenant on Hey, Not Too Rough or lower), which will teleport to the south. You will see the blue key behind you.
Drop down after getting the key, and then use the blue door. Follow the hall until you reach the next big room. When you drop down, you will find a switch dead ahead. Hit it and get rid of the revenants (Hell knights on Hey, Not Too Rough or lower) that appear, then head north. A few enemies guard the red key. After picking it up, head back south and find the red door at the southern end of the room. There will be a pain elemental (or three lost souls) guarding the exit.
Other points of interest
- In the starting room, the terminal on the right hand side has a flashing light. Activate it to reveal a shotgun (or a super shotgun on easy skill levels). (sector 170)
- In the area with the crates and lift, check the backside of one of the crates in the northwestern part of the room for a backpack. (sector 120)
- On your way to the blue key, you will go up a set of steps that spiral in a circular fashion. The path will then curve to the east. Before going that way, you can open the vent on the west side for a rocket launcher (do not linger in this room as it is a damaging sector). (sector 126)
- After pressing the switch to reveal the blue key, drop down into the room where former humans were in yellow alcoves. The southwesternmost alcove now has a berserk pack. (sector 277)
- When you reach the big room after the blue key door, you can see a soul sphere to the north. You need to jump across the blocks to reach it, but look out for crushers that will block your jumps. When you make it to the soul sphere platform, some cacodemons will appear. Grab the soul sphere to trigger the secret. (sector 275) Note that you cannot head back up if you fall to the ground below.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV max||4:28.63||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2010-05-07||ua02-428.zip|
|UV Tyson||6:30.14||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2010-05-07||ua02t630.zip|
|NoMo||0:53.77||Trevor Cheng (Daiyu Xiaoxiang)||2011-08-14||ua02o053.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 4, 2022.
Inspiration and development
This map features half-and-half development. The first half of the map was created by Super Jamie. Everything beyond the blue keycard door was created by Jon Vail. This is Jon Vail's personal favorite map of the UAC Ultra episode.