MAP02 (99 Ways to Die)
|99 Ways to Die maps|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Jump out the window to the yard outside, then take the northern teleporter. Head east to another outdoor area. Go behind the fence, take the lift to an upper level and then another to the top. At the top, head down the eastern passage to find the exit switch.
Other points of interest
Similarly to MAP01, this level has several optional areas:
- North of the starting area is a room with a nukage pool. A passage to the south-east from this room leads to a brick corridor, at the end of which is the yellow key.
- As you enter the room with the nukage pool, a door opens in the north-eastern corner. It leads to a corridor with an armor, a rocket launcher, a backpack and some ammo. A lift at the end of this corridor leads to a dark, long room with water at the bottom. Wooden pillars provide passage to the western end, where a plasma gun, a megaarmor and a supercharge awaits. The wide opening in the northern wall can be easily jumped into from either end of the room; a super shotgun is inside.
- Next to the starting area is a yellow key door. It leads to an area with a partial invisibility, a supercharge, and a rocket launcher.
- As you head down the stairs to the exit switch, a hidden door will open upstairs to the west, releasing a revenant (easy) or an arch-vile (medium, hard). The revealed room contains another supercharge and an armor.
- The starting location (sector 0) is marked as a secret. Impossible to miss.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV speed||0:29||Jacek Dobrzyniecki (JudgeDeadd)||2018-04-16||99ways2-029.zip|
|UV max||2:35||Jacek Dobrzyniecki (JudgeDeadd)||2018-04-16||99ways2-235.zip|
This information was last verified in its entirety on July 21, 2019.