MAP03: Cargo Depot (Alien Vendetta)
|Alien Vendetta maps 01-10|
MAP03: Cargo Depot is the third map of the megawad Alien Vendetta. It was designed by Mattias Berggren in the end of 1999 and constructed with DETH. It uses the music track "Kitchen Ace (and Taking Names)" from Doom.
Take the super shotgun and chaingun to your sides and head into the building. Follow the halls until you reach a room with crates. Go to the stairs to the right, up the steps to a switch. This switch opens the door to the next area. There are a large number of imps here. You will find yourself next to a railway, which is your exit for later on. Since the two doors next to the entrance to the railway need the blue key, just go east and into the next room. In here, there are two sets of stairs, one leading up and one leading down. Take the set going down into another cargo room. Go around the outer bend here, climbing on the crates and dropping down to where you see a switch. Flip it to lower a nearby crate blocking access to a cavern. Behind the large number of imps is the yellow keycard. Backtrack to the other set of stairs and go up, going through the winding passage to the yellow door. Behind this door is a courtyard with revenants in the corners. Go to the back room and flip the switch to lower the blue keycard. Doing so also releases spectres into the courtyard. Grab the key and return to the blue key switch to open the adjacent doors. Behind these doors is a small room with Hell knights and a switch. This lowers the barricade blocking access to the railway. Drop to the rails and head right to leave the map.
- At the north end of the map is a room with a tan crate held by a crane, and the blue switch flanked by two narrow silver doors. Go through the narrow hallway in the southeast corner of this room and continue through the door. Once you've passed through, immediately turn right 90 degrees and open the wall between the lights and the corner of the wall (there is a medikit directly in front of it). behind it is a secret room with a rocket launcher and a combat armor vest. (sector 149 in the first release; sector 103 in the second)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are:
|UV speed||00:22||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2014-08-09||av03-022.zip|
|NM speed||01:08||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2007-02-10||an03-108.zip|
|UV max||02:44||Anders Johnsen||2003-02-14||av03-244.zip|
|NM100S||01:24||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2007-02-10||as03-124.zip|
|UV -fast||03:37||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2009-04-04||af03-337.zip|
|UV -respawn||02:32||Jakub Machata (DooMerMan)||2003-07-01||ar03-232.zip|
|UV Tyson||13:22||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2005-07-29||at031322.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 6, 2020.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 274)
- facing south-west. (thing 275)
- facing south-west. (thing 277)
- facing south-west. (thing 279)