MAP03: Cargo Depot (Alien Vendetta)
|Alien Vendetta maps 01-10|
(01 - 10)
MAP03: Cargo Depot is the third map of the megawad Alien Vendetta. It was designed by Mattias Berggren in the end of 1999 and constructed with DETH. Kim André Malde reworked the visuals of the map for the 2002 re-release of Alien Vendetta, improving the lighting and texturing as well as adding the large background cityscape outside the starting area and the freighter ship area visible from the blue key room. The map uses the music track "Kitchen Ace (and Taking Names)" from Doom. The par time defined in the executable is 3:00.
Take the super shotgun and chaingun to your sides and head into the building. Follow the halls until you reach a room with crates. Go to the stairs to the right, up the steps to a switch. This switch opens the door to the next area. There are a large number of imps here. You will find yourself next to a railway, which is your exit for later on. Since the two doors next to the entrance to the railway need the blue key, just go east and into the next room. In here, there are two sets of stairs, one leading up and one leading down. Take the set going down into another cargo room. Go around the outer bend here, climbing on the crates and dropping down to where you see a switch. Flip it to lower a nearby crate blocking access to a cavern. Behind the large number of imps is the yellow keycard. Backtrack to the other set of stairs and go up, going through the winding passage to the yellow door. Behind this door is a courtyard with revenants in the corners. Go to the back room and flip the switch to lower the blue keycard. Doing so also releases spectres into the courtyard. Grab the key and return to the blue key switch to open the adjacent doors. Behind these doors is a small room with Hell knights and a switch. This lowers the barricade blocking access to the railway. Drop to the rails and head right to leave the map.
- At the north end of the map is a room with a tan crate held by a crane, and the blue switch flanked by two narrow silver doors. Go through the narrow hallway in the southeast corner of this room and continue through the door. Once you've passed through, immediately turn right 90 degrees and open the wall between the light and the corner of the wall (there is a medikit directly in front of it). Behind it is a secret room with a rocket launcher and a megaarmor. (sector 149 in the first release; sector 103 in the second)
The map has a switch whose purpose is to block lost souls from entering a room. These lost souls are only there in multiplayer games.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
Current Compet-n records
The Compet-n records for the map are:
|UV speed||00:22||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2014-08-09||av03-022.zip|
|NM speed||01:08||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2007-02-10||an03-108.zip|
|UV max||02:44||Anders Johnsen||2003-02-14||av03-244.zip|
|NM100S||01:24||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2007-02-10||as03-124.zip|
|UV -fast||03:37||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2009-04-04||af03-337.zip|
|UV -respawn||02:32||Jakub Machata (DooMerMan)||2003-07-01||ar03-232.zip|
|UV Tyson||13:22||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2005-07-29||at031322.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 6, 2020.
Current DSDA records
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|NM 100S||1:24.37||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2007-02-10||as03-124.zip|
|UV -respawn||2:32.29||Jakub Machata (DooMerMan)||2003-07-01||ar03-232.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on November 17, 2022.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 274)
- facing south-west. (thing 275)
- facing south-west. (thing 277)
- facing south-west. (thing 279)
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level:
- MAP03 demos from the Compet-n database: UV speed • NM speed • UV max • NM100S • UV -fast • UV -respawn • UV Tyson • UV pacifist
- MAP03 demos at the Doom Speed Demo Archive
- Alien Vendetta (1st release) at the Doom Speed Demo Archive