MAP03: Cathedral (Deus Vult)
|Deus Vult maps|
This level occupies the map slot MAP03. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP03.
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- At the large lift at the northern end of the map where the exit is, you can lower the wall at the south end of this room. However, there is a door here as well that you need to open. Ride the lift up and look to the north as it rises. When you see a cross, shoot it, then fall off of the lift. From there, lower the wall and there should be a pad with "??" on it. Step onto this to teleport to a secret room, where shooting Osama reveals two barons of Hell and two arch-viles. There is health and ammo in this room as well. (sector 188)
- Under the highest end of the cathedral on the west side, there is a pentagram here where you can collect an energy cell pack and a medikit, plus there is a teleporter to the altar. (sector 317)
- After finished the crescent area in the western part of the map, take the lift up back to the cathedral. You will teleport to the south side of the cathedral. Return to the crescent-shaped area again and ride the lift up a second time. Jump out and head north to find a new opening, teleporting to a secret library with numerous monsters and pickups. (sector 365)
- In the large red hallway towards the southern part of the map, after lowering the red barricade on the east side, open the wall just north of this barricade for a teleporter, which takes you to a secret room. Do not pass the red line, instead grab the energy cell pack and leave the room. (sector 401)
- At the highest end of the cathedral, there are two target switches tucked in walls at the northern and southern ends. Shoot either of them to open barricades; the northern one has a soul sphere, while the southern one contains a megaarmor. Both of these count as one secret. (sector 489)
Areas / screenshots
Start, with a Heretic logo
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are: