MAP03: Desolate Demesne (Doomworld Mega Project 2016)
|DMP 2016 maps 01-10|
(01 - 10)
This level occupies the map slot MAP03. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP03.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
MAP03: Desolate Demesne is the third map of Doomworld Mega Project 2016. It was designed by Glen Christie (Crunchynut44), who also composed the music track, which is named after the level.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- At the northwest section of the map, enter the water and flip the switch on the metal pillar, then head out and up to get the yellow key. After taking it, go east a bit and use the switch for a lift up, then jump across the pillar towards the yellow door. The teleporter behind the door leads to cacodemons guarding energy cell packs and a plasma gun. (sector 148)
- Take the teleporter at the south end of the map to appear northeast of the water. Look to the left and spot the section of the wall that has slime on it. You will have to make a running jump through this section of wall, and when you make it, look north and collect the chainsaw. (sector 163)
- Run clockwise from the start until you reach the water, then head back to the starting point and through the wall behind the starting point to reach a soul sphere. (sector 171)
- In the water mentioned above, head towards the blue door to the east. Press on the marble wall with the lion to find a megaarmor. (sector 173)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on January 24, 2022.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: